A brand-new high profile Product Manger’s role that will take full responsibility for our largest and most profitable category. A pivotal role that will devise and manage a plan to future proof our core product offering in a sector undergoing innovative transformation.
BASIC SALARY: £50,000 – £55,000
· Bonus Scheme
· Company Car
· Pension Scheme
· Health Scheme
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Loughborough, Derby, Burton upon Trent, Leicester, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Lichfield, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Bridgnorth, Wolverhampton.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Product Manager / Category Manager – building product manufacturer
We are one of the largest manufacturers of building products in the UK, our 18 manufacturing sites produce a top-quality range of iconic and trusted brands. We supply directly to contractors, via Architects / Specifiers and through a network of distributors into a broad variety of commercial, residential and public sector construction projects across the UK.
This is a brand-new high profile Product Manger’s role that will take full responsibility for our largest and most profitable category. A pivotal role that will devise and manage a plan to future proof our core product offering, this will include range development and optimisation, infrastructure and facility development, new market development and optimisation of our offering to the rapidly growing MMC (Modern Methods of Construction) sector. Your plan will also play a big part in achieving our sustainability targets.
We have a clear industry pedigree and we are very strong technically; this new role will utilise these strengths but more importantly you will implement and manage an insight focussed product management plan that will deliver future success in this category. This role is crucial to our future so you will take centre stage in the business.
REQUIREMENTS : Product Manager / Category Manager – building product manufacturer
· You will have demonstrable insight focussed product management experience.
· Ideally from manufacturing in an industrial or construction setting but we are open to applications from other sectors.
· A desire to be part of developing a new function and being a strong voice in our business.
· You will have the ability to drive product life cycle but also have a clear understanding of the detail necessary for top class category/channel management.
· Motivated to ‘challenge the norm’ and drive improvement, innovation, and change.
· Ability to communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels in marketing, NPD, sales, technical and operations.
Why this role?
· We are one of the largest manufacturers in our sector with highly respected and well-known brands and some unique products.
· This is a high profile and rare opportunity to drive the development of a brand-new product management function that will define how we develop our core offering in a transforming market.
· You will combine devising road maps for new products and markets with a disciplined analytical category approach.
· You will find a management team and board that is welcoming, supportive, and very enthusiastic about this new appointment.
· Perfect timing for the introduction of product management as we continue to invest heavily in our infrastructure, £95 million on a new factory, doubling the current capacity for new products.
· There will be opportunities for career development as this Marketing and innovation function continues to grows.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Product Manager, Senior Product Manager, Category Manager, Marketing Manager, manufacturing or Construction,
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: GB16497, Wallace Hind Selection