This newly created Production Engineer / Project Engineer role is perfect if you’re looking to make your mark in an established, but growing, manufacturer. You’ll refine our engineering processes, design and deliver brand new products and manage the ongoing development of our engineering team.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000 – £45,000
· 1pm finish on a Friday- 37 hour week- 8am-4.30pm- Monday to Friday
· Hybrid working
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· 5% pension contribution
· Company profit related annual bonus scheme
· Life assurance (2 x basic annual salary)
· Every 3 years take a month off, using just 2 weeks of your annual leave
· Employee discount scheme
· Company sick pay scheme after 6 mths of service
· Social events
· Monthly lunches
LOCATION: Leamington Spa
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Banbury, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Bicester, Coventry, Redditch, Birmingham, Rugby, Leicester, Hinckley, Kettering, Daventry, Market Harborough, Corby, Nuneaton
· This is a brand new role, created specifically to take our business to the next stage in our evolution.
· It’s your chance to really make your mark and bring your Production Engineering experience to the fore.
· As we continue to expand, your role will grow too, so the potential for career development is certain.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Production Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering Manager – manufacturing, special purpose machinery, aerospace, automotive, robotics
This is a widely varied Production Engineer role and will see you responsible for our entire Production Engineering process. You’ll be accountable for every aspect of Production, from the Design for Manufacture and design & build of manufacturing tools to new product introduction and overseeing the all major projects.
In addition, you’ll mentor and upskill the existing Production Engineering team as well as drive continuous improvement across all aspects of R&D, manufacturing processes and product delivery.
You will also be deeply involved in a variety of special projects, including the complete review and refresh of our entire product portfolio to ensure it is fit for purpose as we move into the next phase of our company growth.
As part of your role you will have the opportunity to meet with our global clients base and have the opportunity to travel overseas about 4 times a year to evaluate and scope new projects.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Production Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering Manager – manufacturing, special purpose machinery, aerospace, automotive, robotics
As an already experienced Production Engineer, this role will suit you perfectly if you:
· Enjoy being hands-on when necessary
· Are experienced in managing / upskilling a team
· Can build credibility quickly
· Exude high attention to detail
· Have a strong Mechanical Engineering background, ideally with experience of Solidworks CAD/ CAM software
· Understand and can apply your knowledge of modern manufacturing methods – CNC/CAM, additive, laser processing, robotics, special purpose machines and design for automated manufacture
· Can demonstrate your ability to interrogate designs, build best practice around costs/ efficiencies / continuous improvements
· Have a track record of running production activities – FMEA, concept & design reviews, new product introduction, risk registers, etc.
We’d particularly encourage applications if you’ve worked in the aerospace, automotive, robotics or special purpose machinery sectors, but ultimately, if you’re motivated by taking on a brand new role, getting stuck into EVERY aspect of our Production Engineering facility and becoming an integral part of our ongoing success story, then this is the role for you.
With over 40 years experience we have grown to become one of the worlds most recognised specialist manufacturing brands. We work with clients around the world, designing, building and installing bespoke architectural infrastructure systems that augment and improve people’s experience of the built environment.
The sky really is the limit and as we continue to build our client base, so the complexity and innovation of our products needs to be. This means we’re looking for future leaders and there will be every opportunity for you to develop your career in any number of ways with us.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Production Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering Manager, Design Engineer – Automotive, Aerospace, Robotics, Specialist Machinery, Special Purpose Machinery, Electromechanical design,
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LH17168, Wallace Hind Selection