An experienced, strong, directional, no nonsense Production Manager required by a £bn Global Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturing Group to take a key role for the turnaround of a Yorkshire based Tier 2 manufacturing plant with huge potential. Full relocation package available
SALARY: £60,000 - £70,000
BENEFITS: Group Pension Additional Group Benefits
Relocation Package Available
LOCATION: Leeds, West Yorkshire - this position is being advertised nationally, to identify the best candidate
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bradford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Rochdale, Halifax, Manchester, Sheffield, Bury, Bolton, Oldham, Burnley, Blackburn, Stockport, Rotherham, Doncaster, Harrogate, Preston
JOB SPECIFICATION: Production Manager, Woven / Non Woven - Automotive
Our Yorkshire based manufacturing plant with huge potential, produces woven and non-woven materials, supplying to our inter-group tier 1 manufacturing sites across Europe. The plant is an essential element to our wider group supply chain so should this plant fail to deliver high quality products to clients’ specifications, our whole European manufacturing capability is severely affected.
Consequently, we need to recruit an experienced, strong, directional, no-nonsense Production Manager who is able to see and realise the huge potential of the plant’s production processes and work closely with the wider management team, ultimately to attain World Class Manufacturing standards, which it is highly capable of achieving.
You will be fully supported by the group management team to make changes as you see fit and to develop the production team’s capabilities to create a robust ascendency route.
A full job brief will be made available to short listed candidates but in summary, this is a fully encompassing role covering all aspects of plant management.
REQUIREMENTS: Production Manager, Woven / Non Woven - Automotive
We would be delighted to receive applications from individuals who meet either of the following briefs:
· Currently working in a more senior role with the passion to turnaround and rebuild a production process and develop a strong, effective team and a natural successor.
· Already working at Production Manager level with direct experience with turn-around projects looking for a fresh challenge.
Either way, it is imperative you:
· Possess the robust management skills needed to implement and follow through with the required changes.
· Are highly experienced with and a passionate advocate of World Class / Lean Manufacturing / Total Productive Maintenance and have worked for either a Tier1 or Tier2 automotive manufacturing company.
· Have continuous manufacturing process experience and or experience with products that are affected by humidity and temperature, i.e. general atmospheric conditions (e.g. foam, polymers, plastics, thermoplastics, elastomers, rubber, non-woven/woven and leather, insulation materials).
We are a £Bn plus, global tier 1, automotive manufacturing group operating in 50 countries and employing over 11,000 associates worldwide. We develop and produce multifunctional, lightweight components and systems; innovative products and technologies that make vehicles quieter, safer, more comfortable and lighter.
Success in this role will lead to future Plant Manager level roles and development via the Leadership Programme.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Production Manager, Operations Manager, Manufacturing Manager - Automotive, High reliability, High certification, TS16949, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Kaizen, 5S, Waste Reduction, Muda, Carpet, Textile, Fabric, Woven, Non Woven, Continuous Process Manufacturing, Polymer, Rubber, Sheet Material, Foam
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Production Manager, Woven / Non Woven - Automotive and referenceJC15167 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683312 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.