Replacing the retiring Production Manager in Kent, you will take ownership for production and manufacturing and drive the production department forward in this industrial engineering environment. You will play a key part in helping to assist our ambitious growth plans whilst being ‘hands on’ in the development of our small engineering team.
SALARY: Up to £47,000 dependant on experience.
· Annual KPI Bonus,
· 25 Days Holiday Stats
· Life Assurance
· Private Health Care
· Company Pension
LOCATION: Tonbridge, Kent
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Tonbridge, Maidstone, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Dartford, Crawley, Bromley, Croydon, Gillingham
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY?
Unlike the usual recruitment cliché, as this is replacing the existing Production Manager who is due to retire, this really is a rare opportunity! You will get the chance to come into our business, make this role your own and develop the production department which has so much potential. We already own our site and have been through a considerable CAPEX investment over the past 3-5 years across our facility. There are further upgrades planned to include the MRP system and a possible SQ ft expansion too.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Production Manager - OEM / Industrial Engineering
· Production management to lead a small team of 6-10 engineers who are multi-skilled in machining, bench work, mechanical assembly and product test
· Develop and implement a new Production Plan to assist with our ambitious turnover and output growth plans
· Daily and weekly production planning and scheduling of work and raw materials. About 50% of our turnover is an ‘off the shelf’ product
· Manage the materials flow from goods-in through to machining, finishing, assembly and final testing
· Cost estimation - managing internal and external stakeholders
· Improve work flow, stock holding/stock management, factory layout etc. We are already a very lean business, but we are forward thinking
· Implement lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives to improve various yields to include: output, OEE, waste and quality
· Deputise for the Quality Manager in some aspects of the QMS system
· Staff training, development and up-skilling within your team
· Change management
· With a split of 40%-50% yearly export you will be targeted on approving export licensing
You will also have the opportunity to work with the existing Production Manager (of 25 years) and receive an extended handover to prepare you for life in our business.
REQUIREMENTS: Production Manager - OEM / Industrial Engineering
· You will have previously worked in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
· You will be comfortable working in an SME where you will need to be ‘hands on’ - leading a small team
· You will have presence as a manager, be able to gain respect and lead by example
· Be a strong problem solver. Be able to stand on your own two feet and have good stakeholder management skills
An ideal manufacturing background would be: mechanical component manufacturing, a foundry, castings, CNC or manual machining, plastic moulding, mechanical assembly or engineering build
Qualifications: Ideally ONC / HNC / Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering, industrial or manufacturing engineering. Any additional qualifications in lean manufacturing, H&S, Kaizen, Six Sigma etc would be advantageous.
We are an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) who produce mechanical based components that are supplied into a variety of industrial environments including: Marine, Defence, Construction, Industrial and Power Generation in the UK, Europe & USA. Formed during the First World War, we are well established and secure as a business – own our premises and have excellent staff retention.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: industrial engineering, manufacturing manager, production manager, CNC, machining, engineering, castings, mechanical, assembly, foundry, rubber, bonding, workshop manager, toolmaker.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Production Manager - OEM / Industrial Engineering and reference JAC15558 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.