Our products make 1000's of people’s lives safer, more comfortable and enjoyable and we supply the world’s most notable OEM brands. We are seeking a Production Manager for our Huddersfield JIT manufacturing plant to help deliver a major TPM, Lean Change program to bring the site to WCM standards.
SALARY: £65,000 - £82,000
· Group Pension
· 25 Days Statutory Holidays
LOCATION: Near to Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Rochdale, Halifax, Manchester, Sheffield, Bury, Bolton, Oldham, Burnley, Blackburn, Stockport, Rotherham, Doncaster, Harrogate and Preston.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
· There is huge potential for you to implement improvements across the plant.
· You will enjoy the autonomy to see through changes with the support of the Senior Management team.
· You will benefit from an opportunity to elevate your career path to Senior Management roles.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Production Manager : JIT Manufacturing / TPM / Lean Change
Our Huddersfield plant is undergoing a major change program to improve it's production capability and efficiencies. This project will involve a range of improvement activities including the implementation of Lean, TPM and WCM practices into a key JIT manufacturing site.
It is imperative that whilst delivering these projects you are able to fulfil ongoing production demand. Therefore you must hold significant experience with the delivery and sustain of similar projects into a fast moving, JIT manufacturing environment, such as Food, FMCG, Steel, Automotive products/component related manufacturing.
AS PRODUCTION MANAGER, IT IS IMPERATIVE YOU:
· Are educated to a minimum of Degree level.
· Possess a continued career history of working within fast-moving JIT production environments.
· Have worked with the implementation of World Class Manufacturing, TPM and Lean Standards.
· Hold significant experience with ISO14001, 5S, Muda processes.
QUALITIES OF BENEFIT, YOU WILL:
· Know what success looks like having achieved and sustained WCM standards of 85% OEE.
· Possess the communication skills to motivate at shop floor level and articulate complex manufacturing topics at group board level.
· Have worked within fast moving production environments such as Steel, Food, FMCG, Automotive Manufacturing.
We appreciate you will be looking for career progression, we will support you with access to our leadership development programme and will actively help you achieve your next career goal. As a business and where ever possible we will recruit from within and foster a culture of support and achievement.
We are a manufacturing business supplying to many of the world’s most recognisable brands, we are on a drive to develop our business through a culture of lean and continuous improvement. We have won awards for the products we manufacture and continue to invest in our business via our people, products and manufacturing capabilities.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Factory Manager, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Kaizen, 5S, Waste Reduction, Muda, FMCG, Steel, Food, Automotive, World Class Manufacturing, WCM, Muda, Waste Reduction.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Production Manager : JIT Manufacturing / TPM / Lean Change reference JC15318 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683312 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.