Based near Wellingborough, our rapid growth means we need Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor who’s ready to step up and lead an expanding Production team, ensuring we continue to deliver our high value bespoke products and keep our place as the UK’s leading sash window manufacturer.
SALARY: Up to £28,000
BENEFITS: DAYS ONLY : Monday – Friday 20 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays and Factory Shut down over Christmas Pension
LOCATION: Olney, near Wellingborough and Milton Keynes.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: This position is based in Olney, near Wellingborough. Northampton, Bedford, Kettering, Milton Keynes, Luton, Towcester, Corby, Peterborough, Cambridge.
Why should you apply?
· It’s a great opportunity to break into a more senior role.
· You’ll be fully trained in our products and operation and become an expert in our sector.
· High quality of life - working days only, Monday to Friday, in a family oriented company that values every team member.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor - sash window manufacturer
To keep pace with our rapidly growing demand we are seeking an experienced Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor. Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for:
· Leading our 50 person strong production environment, comprising of 10 manufacturing and assembly zones, each with a Cell Leader, ensuring that each member of the team performs their role effectively.
· The analysis of each department, identifying areas of improvement and ensuring that existing daily / weekly manufacturing targets are being achieved.
· Ensuring that Health & Safety is being adhered to, that each zone is operating to maximum efficiency and that team morale and focus is kept high.
The role will be mainly shop floor based and you will ensure production team headcount is appropriately allocated (working with the cell leaders to re-allocate staff to the right zones to ensure smooth project completion).
Ultimately the goal is to ensure ongoing production targets are achieved in an efficient a way as possible.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor - sash window manufacturer
We are interested in receiving applications from existing Production Team Leaders or Production Supervisors, from any sector but ideally it would be a high value and/or bespoke product.
Alternatively, you might already be managing people in a Production or Manufacturing environment and not officially recognised as a Team Leader.
Either way you MUST:
· Be working in an Industrial / Manufacturing environment.
· Have a proven ability to engage with, manage and motivate teams of 10 people.
· Have a track record of Process or Product quality improvement.
Attitude is everything and you will need to have an adaptable approach to short notice workload changes, be calm under pressure and able to maintain a positive, ‘can-do’ focus.
We were established in 1977 and have specialised in uPVC Sash Windows since 1985. Today, we’re proud to be recognised as the UK’s leading sash window manufacturer and it’s thanks to the commitment of our 90 staff that we continue to grow. With operations in 3 sites locally, we’re soon to expand into a 4th location a short distance away, so now is a great time to join us.
Our people are our lifeblood and as we continue to grow so will the opportunity to develop your career from Production Team Leader / Production Coordinator into a Senior position.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Production Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Production Coordinator, Manufacturing Team Leader, Manufacturing Supervisor, Manufacturing Coordinator, Factory Supervisor, Factory Manager, Operations Coordinator, Operations Supervisor, Operations Team Leader - Manufacturing, Automotive, Aerospace, Engineering, Industrial Manufacturing, Plastic, Fenestration, Glazing, Electronics.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor and reference LH15166 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683314 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage, Duston, Northants, NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.