Are you successfully leading a team or ready for a step up? Are you an experienced Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor / Shift Manager? We have an outstanding opportunity, based near Wellingborough, for someone who can lead our dynamic Production team, ensuring we continue to deliver our high value bespoke products and keep our place as the UK’s leading sash window manufacturer.
SALARY: Up to £28,000 base
BENEFITS: DAYS ONLY (Monday – Friday) 20 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays Factory Shutdown over Christmas Pension
LOCATION: Olney, near Wellingborough and Milton Keynes.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Northampton, Bedford, Kettering, Milton Keynes, Luton, Towcester, Corby, Peterborough, Cambridge.
Why should you apply?
· This is a great chance to either prove or improve your team leading skills.
· You’ll get full product training, you don’t need to be an expert, we’ll turn you into one.
· We genuinely value our team and offer a great work / life balance - working days only, Monday to Friday, in a family oriented company.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor / Shift Manager
We’re growing very quickly and to keep pace with increased demand we need a skilled team leader to be our Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor and lead our 50 strong production team. You will:
· Work with our Production Cell Leaders to ensure that each member of their team performs their role effectively.
· Carefully analyse each department, identifying areas of improvement and ensuring that existing daily / weekly manufacturing targets are being achieved.
· Make sure that Health & Safety is being adhered to, that each zone is operating to maximum efficiency and that team morale and focus is kept high.
You’ll spend most of your time on the shop floor based ensuring that production team is appropriately allocated (working with the cell leaders to re-allocate staff to the right zones to ensure smooth project completion).
Ultimately, your goal is to make sure that our production targets are achieved as efficiently as possible.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor / Shift Manager
To be considered for this role you will be a proven Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor / Shift Manager, from any sector but ideally it would be a high value and/or bespoke product.
You could already be managing people in a Production or Manufacturing environment but not officially recognised as a Team Leader and want the chance to be recognised for your hard work.
Either way, you MUST:
· Be working in an Industrial / Manufacturing environment.
· Be a great people manager with a proven ability to engage with, manage and motivate teams of 10 people.
· Have a track record of Process or Product quality improvement.
For us, attitude is everything. You will need to have an adaptable approach to short notice workload changes, be calm under pressure and able to maintain a positive, ‘can-do’ focus at all times.
We were established in 1977 and have specialised in uPVC Sash Windows since 1985. Today, we’re proud to be recognised as the UK’s leading sash window manufacturer and it’s thanks to the commitment of our 90 staff that we continue to grow. With operations in 3 sites locally, we’re soon to expand into a 4th location a short distance away, so now is a great time to join us.
Our people are our lifeblood and as we continue to grow so will the opportunity to develop your career from Production Team Leader / Production Coordinator into a Senior position.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
Production Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Shift Manager, Production Coordinator, Manufacturing Team Leader, Manufacturing Supervisor, Manufacturing Coordinator, Factory Supervisor, Factory Manager, Operations Coordinator, Operations Supervisor, Operations Team Leader. Manufacturing, Automotive, Aerospace, Engineering, Industrial Manufacturing, Plastic, Fenestration, Glazing, Electronics.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Production Team Leader and reference LH15166 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683314 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.