Project Engineer - for the world leading manufacturer of monitors and analysers for industrial infra red temperature measurement, combustion efficiency and pollutant emissions. We have an opportunity for a strong Electro / Mechanical Engineer to provide engineering feasibility, design, build & test and project support for customers with bespoke product requirements.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000 base
BENEFITS: 25 Days Holidays (plus 11 days statutory) Pension Life Assurance Professional Development Programme
LOCATION: South Yorkshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Sheffield, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Mansfield
JOB SPECIFICATION: Project Engineer
Working as part of a small team, this role is responsible for providing engineering feasibility, design, build & testing and support for customers across bespoke special products and projects. Whilst this role is internal there is a need to communicate externally with both customers and project managers on a regular basis.
The Project Engineer role will appeal to candidates who can:
· Undertake the technical and commercial feasibility review of enquiries for special products and Ex/HazLoc products
· Design special instruments including the generation of Material Data, BOM’s, Routes, Assembly & Test procedures and Operating Instructions
· Support the project team through Electro / Mechanical design
· Process and manage CAD requirements related to special projects, CAD technologies
· Design and develop the electro / mechanical aspects of products and solutions, including system schematics, wiring diagrams, write up test reports and prepare technical files and documentation
· Able to review site surveys either via schematics or in the field to provide the appropriate solutions
· Manage the contract review of orders within the department
· Work to update knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging EX compliance engineering practices and standards
· Undertake occasional travel, including overseas, to better understand client requirements
· Degree in Electro / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification
· CAD knowledge & experience desirable but not essential
· ATEX trained (awareness /electrical design installation training)
· BS EN-61010 experience desirable
· Ability to write test reports and prepare technical files
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes Domino systems are preferred
· Able to organise time and work efficiently
· Self-motivated and with the drive and desire to create excellent products
· Great communication and interpersonal skills as this role is to work closely with cross functional internal teams and customers
· Strong administration skills specifically those pertaining to the maintenance of design documentation
· Ability to research and analyse compliance data
We are one of the world leaders in the design and application of temperature measurement for industry. We are known as both innovators and manufacturers of high quality precision radiation thermometers and systems and our products are used extensively in applications across: Steel, Glass, Electronics, Mineral Processing, Power Generation and Utilities market sectors.
We are committed to supporting our engineers with ongoing training and development and we will actively seek to enhance your skills, especially in the acquisition of Chartered Engineer status.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Project Engineer, Design Engineer, Senior Project Engineer, Electro / Mechanical Engineer, Principal Engineer, Project Design Engineer, Electro / Mechanical, Engineering, Manufacturing, Monitors, Analysers, Industrial Infra red, Temperature Measurement, Combustion Efficiency, Pollutant Emissions, CAD, Inventor, AutoCAD, 3D CAD, Radiation thermometers, Steel, Glass, Electronics, Mineral Processing, Power Generation, ATEX, EN61010
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting Project Engineer and reference TF14967 to Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.