Project Engineer / Applications Engineer commutable to central London to lead engineering design, development and deployment of large scale industrial special purpose machinery / capital equipment projects to industrial manufacturing customers throughout Europe and the Americas.
SALARY: £50,000 to £60,000
· Life Assurance
· Private Health
· Annual Performance Bonus
· Equity Incentive Scheme
· 25 Days Holiday, plus Stats
· Work from home one day a week
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Sough, St Albans, Watford, Hatfield, Dagenham, Harlow, Chelmsford,
JOB SPECIFICATION: Project Engineer, Design Engineer: Capital Equipment, Industrial Manufacturing
This role will appeal to you if you:
· Thrive in a complex problem-solving environment requiring you to apply innovative thinking
· Have a passion for engineering and innovative deployment
· Want to work with disruptive technology re-defining industrial manufacturing processes
Job Specification: Project Engineer, Applications Engineer : Capital Equipment, Industrial Manufacturing
As the Project Engineer, you will be responsible for solution design and deployment of special purpose machinery and capital equipment projects, into industrial manufacturing environments. Acting as the engineering interface between the client-side technical team, third party vendors and our internal design team, you will ensure that all engineering aspects of a deployment project are supported at each critical stage. You will typically join a project at large scale trial stage and see it through to installation and completion. Depending on their individual complexity, Deployment Projects run for 6-9 months and range in value from €750,000 - €2m.
You are expected to travel regularly throughout Europe and the America’s, spending up to 50% of your time on client sites, with the other 50% being spent at our office in London
· Provide technical engineering leadership through all key stages, including design, procurement, installation and commissioning.
· Create and supervise the creation of CAD models, engineering drawings and data, for use by internal teams, clients and vendors. Including site surveys.
· Selection of system components, lead engineering design teams for the development and prototype build / test of new elements.
· Liaise with the internal Design Engineering team to identify appropriate solutions to meet each client’s requirements.
· Co-ordination of multiple vendors across a broad component design and build range.
· Oversee installation of equipment, factory acceptance testing and training.
REQUIREMENTS: Project Engineer, Design Engineer, Applications Engineer, Capital Equipment : Industrial Manufacturing.
To be successful in your application, you MUST have a demonstrable track record of large scale industrial capital equipment deployment projects, such as complete production lines design and deployment and /or new factory builds or re-design / refurbishments.
Essentially you will:
· Hold an HND / Degree level qualification in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering
· Be willing / able to work across Continental Europe & America.
· Have full Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management (EPCM) experience from 3-5 full project life-cycles.
· Have strong interpersonal skills with demonstrable evidence of building customer relationships and internal teams.
· Be able to demonstrate evidence of high-level organisational and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at varying stages of completion and complexity.
· Skilled in engineering problem solving, conceptual design and design for manufacture
· Be an energetic, self-starter with a pro-active approach and do what needs to be done to achieve project objectives.
· Have experience of delivering projects into industrial manufacturing environments
Italian / Spanish / German language skills would be useful but not essential.
In return, we will:
· Provide a platform to enable you to be creative and challenge your hands-on and theoretical engineering capabilities.
· Give an opportunity to work for a highly resourced company investing heavily to develop new products for market.
· Provide an opportunity where you can take a lead role in shaping a design-led business.
· Invest in you and your career development with a growing technology based company.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Project Engineer : Capital Equipment, Industrial Manufacturing and reference JC15325 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683312 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.