We have a ambitious 3 year project, as a Project Engineering Manager can you help us navigate our site improvements and take on our exciting improvement project? We need to future-proof our manufacturing facility to harness our upcoming growth. As a very profitable site producing circa 20,000 tonnes of product per year, our growth plans set to accelerate further still!
BASIC SALARY: £55,000 – £65,000
· 25 days holiday
· Pension 6% company contribution
· 4 x life insurance
· 50% income protection
LOCATION: Haverhill, Suffolk
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Cambridge, Colchester, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree, Bishop’s Stortford, Ipswich, Huntingdon, Thetford, Newmarket, Stevenage
JOB DESCRIPTION: Project Engineering Manager – Technical Consumable, Industrial Manufacturing
As our Project Engineering Manager you will play a key role in turning our well supported site strategy and significant investment plan into a reality. As we move into our next phase of growth and following a recent acquisition by a large multinational organisation, we now need to rejuvenate our site and ensure we have the foundations to build upon.
You will also be responsible for the following:
· Project planning, transforming the site strategy into more granular improvement plans and projects
· Monthly progress reporting and escalating of risks
· Budgetary responsibility for programmes/project expenditure of circa £15-£20m in the coming 5 years
· Working alongside both the Engineering Manager and senior team to resource and agree works, including key interventions/planned downtime etc
· Assistance in identifying and owning process improvements associated with engineering solutions
· Working with the Engineering Manager to improve site compliance
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Project Engineering Manager – Technical Consumable, Industrial Manufacturing
You will be an experienced Project Manager ideally with a strong safety background and if possible, some knowledge of REACH / COSHH / COMAH regulations. You may come from a Pharmaceutical / Food / Distillery environment, but you will be from manufacturing and will be looking to use your previous Mechanical / Chemical Engineering-based work experience to help drive positive change and maintain our high standards on site.
In addition, you will ideally have:
· A formal Chemical / Mechanical Engineering qualification
· Excellent attention to detail with high levels of computer literacy
· A strong sense of personal responsibility / ownership and able to lead by example
· Strong corporate affiliation and always puts the needs of the business and the company first
· A collaborative style, can do attitude and an approachable demeanour
· The strength of character to illicit support for an agreed route despite being faced with opposing views
· A naturally hands on approach, you will embrace new challenges and work towards positive change
We are a synthetic resin manufacturer based in the UK. We produce an ever-widening range of resins primarily based on unsaturated polyester and alkyd chemistry. We also manufacture a range of speciality resins with urethane, epoxy, and acrylic functionality.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Engineer, Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Site Engineering Manager, Chemical Engineering Manager, Engineering Project Manager, NEBOSH, COSHH, COMAH, REACH, Chemicals, Adhesives, Raw Materials, Resins, Epoxy, Chemistry, Urethane, Polyester, Food, Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Distillery, Manufacturing, Anaerobic digestion.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: MT17066, Wallace Hind Selection