Are you a Project Manager from an Automotive or Engineering background and looking to manage a revolutionary new product that will radically enhance road safety?
SALARY: £48,000 - £55,000
· Flexible Hours
· Excellent Group Benefits
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Leicester, Tamworth
JOB SPECIFICATION: Project Manager - Automotive Engineering
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the cross functional team executing the tasks defined in the Project Management Model. The responsibility of the Project Manager spans from Toll Gate 0 (Kick off by Sales / Product Management) to Toll Gate 5 (Launch / Completion). Furthermore, the Project Manager is responsible for managing the cross functional project team. This is to achieve the objectives defined for product/process development and launch by accuracy in scope and business case management.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the project including; managing risks, client relationships at board level, project time management, (including work breakdown & activities), planning and critical path analysis and ALL commercials and budgetary controls.
· Day-to-day management of the project core team activities to ensure the entire project is progressing in line with the plan.
· Communication with JV Partner and internal stakeholders, including; European Board Directors, Chief Engineers R&D, Team Leaders and Department Managers, Financial Accounting and Commercial teams.
· Management of the major project reviews, identifying clear objectives, inputs, outputs and success criteria.
· Monitor and control the project finances (contingency, tooling cost, profit and GM) to ensure the project is delivered within the agreed budget.
· Monitor and control all Project and Product Scope and work packages to ensure they are delivered on time and on cost.
Working with a team of 60 R&D Engineers and working closely with several European Manufacturing sites there will be an element of travel and exposure at board level.
REQUIREMENTS: Project Manager - Automotive Engineering
Knowledge & Skills Required:
· Proven experience in project management within Automotive / Engineering / Aerospace industries.
· Product / process development and launch experience preferred.
· Excellent inter-personal skills; able to influence, persuade and negotiate with all levels of people effectively.
· Ability to cope under pressure and ensure deadlines are met.
· Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
· Good presentation and customer facing skills.
· Highly results orientated with a strong drive to deliver.
We are a leading Global Automotive Manufacturer of systems and components and have invested in a brand new state of the art fully equipped R&D facility to support our global manufacturing sites. We now seek an experienced Project Manager to be responsible for the Scope Management for multiple complex projects over multiple manufacturing sites. You will be responsible for managing all gateways and all deliverables reporting into a Senior Project Manager.
The company supports and encourage future training and personal development - 2019 is planned for further expansion and investment so this is a great time to be joining them.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Project Engineer, Project Manager, Programme Engineer Director, NPD Project Manager. Automotive, Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles, OEM Tier 1 or Tier 2. Transportation, Aerospace or Engineering.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Lyons quoting Project Manager - Automotive Engineering and reference IL15378 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683306 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.