A market leader, and one of Europe's largest suppliers of shop fitting concept and lighting systems is currently looking for a people centric, Purchasing Manager to spearhead their Hertfordshire based purchasing function.
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000
· Company Car or Allowance
· 25 Days Holiday plus Stats
LOCATION: Hemel Hempstead
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Hemel Hempstead, Milton Keynes, Slough, Oxford, Harlow
JOB SPECIFICATION: Purchasing Manager
Our procurement team plays a vital part in the delivery of the service we provide. The primary focus of the Purchasing Manager is twofold, you will be managing an established and diverse team of Buying Managers, Buyers and Administrators whilst working with the Director responsible for the supply chain to implement the overall strategy for the function.
Other key elements of the role will be to:
· Allocate project work to Buying Managers based on workload and skill set
· Oversee a total spend of circa £25 million
· Manage all aspects of the team including appraisals and setting KPI’s where required
· Assess how to get best value out of the current procurement relationships and where needed, instigate new relationships
· Have an all-round understanding of where the overall business generates its income through service, design and installation and be commercially aware of where the Purchasing function can add the most value
This is an opportunity to own and manage a Purchasing function with the autonomy to implement change based on the business strategy and agreed processes. This role will require a strong-willed manager who is confident in their approach.
REQUIREMENTS: Purchasing Manager
Ideally you will be an exceptional people manager who is a qualified procurement specialist holding either CIPs / MCIPs or the equivalent. You will be looking for the next step in your Procurement Management career with an established and international business.
· We would be delighted to receive applications from qualified Procurement Managers with experience of hands on team management of a team of buyers responsible for £20 million
· We would also be keen to receive applications from candidates with a strong background of international procurement with a keen interest in any experience of procurement from the Far East
· We will also consider applications from Senior Buyers with experience of managing multi-million-pound budgets and purchasing from across the world, who may be looking for their first step into the management arena
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Shop fitting, Retail Design, Procurement, Buying, Buyer, Category, Buying Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager, Category Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing & Supply Manager.
We sell, develop, manufacture and install complete shop fitting concepts for retail chain stores. The all-inclusive offer includes custom-made fitting concepts, innovative solutions for checkout arena and professional lighting systems.
Training & Development - Extensive training will be given in all aspects of our products, current suppliers and contracts.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Michael Thorpe quoting Purchasing Manager and reference MT15286 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683313 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.