An experienced, strong, directional, no nonsense Quality Manager is required by a £bn Global Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturing Group to drive forward the QHSE aspects of a Yorkshire based Tier 2 manufacturing Plant. A full relocation package is available if applicable.
SALARY: Up to £70,000 DOE
BENEFITS: Group Pension Good Additional Group Benefits including 25 Days Holiday A Full Relocation Package Available if applicable
LOCATION: Leeds, Yorkshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Rochdale, Halifax, Manchester, Sheffield, Bury, Bolton, Oldham, Burnley, Blackburn, Stockport, Rotherham, Doncaster, Harrogate, Preston and more.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Quality Manager
We are a £Bn plus, global tier 1, automotive manufacturing group operating in 50 countries and employing over 11,000 associates worldwide. We develop and produce multifunctional, lightweight components and systems; innovative products and technologies that make vehicles quieter, safer, more comfortable and lighter.
Our Yorkshire based manufacturing site produces woven and non-woven materials, supplying to our inter-group tier 1 manufacturing sites across Europe. The plant is an essential element to our wider group supply chain so should this plant fail to deliver high quality products to clients’ specifications, our whole European manufacturing capability is severely affected.
Consequently, we need to recruit an experienced, strong, directional, no nonsense Quality Manager who is able to take control and responsibility for quality systems and work with the wider management team to turn around the plant to attain World Class Manufacturing standards, which it is highly capable of achieving.
Experience required: Quality Manager
We would be delighted to receive applications from individuals who meet the following brief:
· Experienced Quality Managers or QHSE Managers who have previous experience of managing a quality department within a continuous process manufacturing facility.
· This will have been in an automotive tier1 / tier2 environment (ISO:9001 / TS16949 / ISO 14001).
· Your specific product experience will need to be related to products with similar characteristics that are affected by humidity and temperature, i.e. general atmospheric conditions (e.g. foam, polymers, plastics, thermoplastics, elastomers, rubber, non-woven/woven and leather, insulation materials).
Either way, it is imperative you:
· Are technically qualified, ideally to degree level or beyond (minimum HNC/HND) in mechanical engineering, hold relevant quality related qualifications, a NEBOSH General Certificate and a Six Sigma Green belt desirable too.
· Will be able to manage suppliers and customer complaints in a timely manner; and resolve them, complete internal audits, prepare PPAP submissions from the data provided, oversee accident/Incident investigation and KPI reporting and environmental compliance on site.
· Are tenacious, can handle a variety of challenging tasks and people and be prepared to go that extra mile for the benefit our organisation.
· Possess strong communications / negotiating skills able to work with challenging suppliers / customers to obtain outcomes for the benefit of the plant.
· We are looking for ambitious Quality Managers / QHSE Managers with ascendency potential to future Plant Manager and more senior opportunities within the Group.
· Supported with extensive training, via our Leadership Development Program for top performers.
· Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Quality Manager, Head of Quality, QHSE Manager, Quality Director, NEBOSH, Six Sigma, Health & Safety, PPAP, APQP, TS 16949, IATF, Automotive, Compliance
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role as a Quality Manager, so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Quality Manager and reference JAC15149 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.