An exceptional role for a Materials Science graduate to join a true market leader; a world class manufacturer, with a rich heritage of success within research & development and innovation as a R & D Engineer.
SALARY: £45,000 - £50,000 Basic (negotiable)
BENEFITS: Profit sharing scheme paid twice yearly (after 6 month qualifying period) Company Pension (7% Company contribution) Private Medical Insurance 25 Days Annual Holiday plus statutory days.
LOCATION: Milton Keynes with an element of international travel
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: We would be delighted to consider applications from all locations in the UK, including: Birmingham, Cambridge, Oxford, Exeter, Surrey, Stoke on Trent, Sheffield, Mansfield, Newcastle, London, Luton, Northampton, Manchester, Liverpool, Leicester, Leeds, Nottingham, Bath, Bristol, Brighton,
Relocation assistance available on a case by case basis
JOB SPECIFICATION: R & D Engineer, Ceramics / Aluminium
This position as a R & D Engineer, will encompass a spectrum of duties, from practical hands-on work; through to taking control of delivering results and with plenty of international travel. This is a rare opportunity to learn and will develop into a rewarding long-term career where you will enjoy both the scale and variety of exciting projects. A comprehensive and tailored training package will be provided to assist with your growth.
· You will embark on a 5-year development plan, which will include tailored training, mentoring and project management.
· Working as part of a team, you will research potential product innovations, applying new thinking and technical ideas to a selection of between 10 - 20 ongoing projects, each at very different stages of evolution.
· Development and laboratory testing of new refractory materials specifically tailored to the needs of the customer or product within the aluminium and ceramics industries.
· Physically manufacturing product samples and final products.
· Working with the product management team to co-ordinate product testing within identified customer sites.
· Preparation of budgetary development costs and time-scales.
· Plenty of customer-facing opportunities
· National and International travel to follow up on specific product trials.
REQUIREMENTS: R & D Engineer, Ceramics / Aluminium
You will have a Material Science based degree, coupled with industrial knowledge within R & D.
We welcome applications from a variety of technical R & D Engineer backgrounds within any of the following:-
1. Industrial Ceramics
2. High-Tech Ceramics (Aluminium Titanate)
3. Refractory knowledge / formulation for the aluminium industry
4. Chemistry qualification in the field of Materials Science
5. Cold Isostatic Pressing (CIP) experience
We are a global manufacturer of innovative technical products which are customer-driven.
This is a genuine opportunity to build a long-term career as an R & D Engineer.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Materials Science, Ceramics, Aluminium, Refractories, Research and Development, R & D Engineer, refractory, Chemistry, Research and Development Engineer, Materials Technology, Materials Engineering, Materials Scientist, Materials Technology, Metallurgy
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jim Kelly quoting R & D Engineer, Ceramics / Aluminium and reference JK15161 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683316 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.