Global manufacturing Group requires an experienced Sales Director / UK Sales Manager to develop and revitalise a UK & N. Ireland sales team selling through distributor / reseller networks direct to key end-users within the metal working, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Industrial MRO, Aerospace, Marine and Offshore markets.
Basic up to £85,000 OTE Circa £100,000 Company Car Group Pension Additional Group Benefits
We are a global manufacturing group operating in 56 countries employing over 50,000 professionals worldwide. Our products and solutions are at work all over the world. From the spaces we live and work, cars we drive through to the mobile devices we rely on, you are never more than a few steps away from one of our innovative, specialist products or solutions.
This division develops, manufactures and market technically advanced industrial lubricants and line marking systems, through a network of established distributors to key industrial end-users worldwide. Market sectors include Metal Working, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Industrial MRO, Aerospace, Marine and Offshore.
As part of our European sales operation, we wish to recruit a Sales Director / UK Sales Manager to lead, manage, coach and mentor a team of 9 Sales Engineers / Sales Representatives and a Sales Channel Specialist covering the UK and Northern Ireland. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for any up and coming Sales Manager who wants to make a mark within a global organisation.
Principle responsibilities - Sales Director / UK Sales Manager
A more detailed brief will be made available to those who are short listed but in summary, you will:
· Lead, organise and coach the UK and N. Ireland sales team to meet / exceed profitable sales growth targets in line with the Segment strategy of the Division.
· Develop and implement differentiated growth plans for our Key Account (80) -Distributors and customers- ensuring successful delivery of the annual and long-range plans.
· Provide leadership across the UK and Northern Ireland through effective coaching and development underpinned by a culture of collaboration and accountability.
· Review sales tools / processes currently in place and identify / implement new solutions that simplify, prioritise and improve existing tools / processes.
Location – UK. Home based but with extensive travel throughout the UK and Ireland. 1 day a week based from our UK head office.
Experience required - Sales Director / UK Sales Manager
We would be delighted to receive applications from individuals who:
· Have a proven track record of successfully managing an industrial sales team who work for a manufacturing organisation selling through distributor / reseller networks direct to key end-users. Product wise, that could be from any form of industrial consumables as the sales process and routes to market are the same.
· Can demonstrate a genuine ability of revitalising and developing sales teams; able to drive activities and instil new processes to improve performance.
· Understand how you effectively sell premium priced, value added products through distributor channels and negotiate with key end-users.
· Have worked in environments where policies / processes are not necessarily all in place and are comfortable in identifying opportunities to simplify, prioritise and improve policies / processes to improve the sales process.
Over and above these, we want an individual who is:
· Charismatic and a natural leader
· Passionate in all they do and achieve
· A strong negotiator who leads by example
Future Prospects - Sales Director / UK Sales Manager
· Succession planning is an integral part of our recruitment process and it is imperative we employ individuals who have the desire and capability to take on greater responsibilities in the future, both here in the UK and if desired globally.
· We offer the genuine potential for career development within our company and the group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Sales Director / UK Sales Manager reference JG14873 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683301 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.