High earnings uncapped potential and very good career progression prospects to management or Directorship for a successful and ambitious Business Development Manager / Sales Manager with a proven track record developing sales of industrial, components, consumables and equipment supply chain solutions to EPCs involved in oil, gas, petrochem, rail, water and other major infrastructure projects.
SALARY: £50,000- £65,000
- OTE £70,000- £80,000 - very realistic, achievable and exceedable (Annual Commission, Bonus based on individual and company performance : realistic £10,000 - £15,000- OTE capped at twice basic salary)
- Company Car / Car Allowance (£600 per month)
- Contributory Pension
- Full Out of Pocket Expense
- Laptop, Mobile phone etc.
- 20 Days Holidays plus Stats, rising to 25 with service
LOCATION: South East England and Midlands
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: London, Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Sussex, Hampshire.
JOB DESCRIPTION / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Sales Manager / Business Development Manager - Industrial, Components, Consumables and Equipment Supply Chain Solutions to Oil, Gas, Petrochem, Rail, Water infrastructure Markets via EPCs
- A mainly new business generation role with some existing accounts to develop and leads to follow up. You will be actively promoting my client’s JIT (Just in Time), Managed Inventory / Material Management / Value Added proposition targeting TCO (Total Cost of Ownership).
- The company has an extensive database to work from, but you will also be using your own market knowledge and research and generating your own leads.
- You will be identifying and looking to win projects worth up to $5- $10m- there is an internal bids team to help you with this.
- You need to be constantly keeping in contact with, and developing relationships with key decision makers in the aforementioned organisations to keep your name at the forefront of their minds when projects come up.
- You will be targeting true EPCs involved in infrastructure (oil, gas, petro-chem, rail, water) projects looking for a bona fide supply chain solution, and/ or where an added value or wider product or service solution is required.
- This is a market that my client already supplies, and in which they are known, but has been identified as one with huge potential with a specialist and dedicated sales effort as part of their strategic plans for growth.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Sales Manager / Business Development Manager - Industrial, Components, Consumables and Equipment Supply Chain Solutions to Oil, Gas, Petrochem, Rail, Water infrastructure Markets via EPCs
- To be considered for this potentially very rewarding role in terms of earnings and career progression you will need experience of, and success in, a similar new business development or senior sales role ideally in industrial or technical components, equipment or an industrial/ engineering, supply chain, or possibly some other industrial logistics / supply chain solutions environment.
- You will have a proven track record winning projects in oil, gas, petro chem, rail, water, infrastructure markets.
- Crucially you will be dealing at a high level i.e. Managing Director, Group Procurement / Supply Chain Director, Senior Project Managers and Teams selling into the EPC market and knowing how it works.
- You will have the drive and ambition to drive your career forward as this role could well grow in one or two directions.
- Established over 50 years my client is an $8bn annual turnover corporation operating worldwide with a £2.3bn turnover and 1,800 personnel in Europe with a large structured sales function in the UK of 180- 200 personnel.
- They supply a very wide of industrial components, equipment and consumables on a JIT (Just in Time), Managed Inventory / Material Management / Value Added proposition targeting TCO (Total Cost of Ownership).
- The core products are electrical / electronic e.g. wire, cable, containment, control, communication, security, test, instrumentation etc. but they can offer a complete industrial component, consumables and equipment supply chain solution.
Excellent in a large successful and expanding company and group. There are definite succession plans for the right people joining my client at this time.
For this role you could progress to managing two colleagues selling into this market in Europe or possibly to senior management or Directorship within this division of a worldwide company as a whole.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Senior Sales Manager - Industrial, Electrical and Electronic Components and Equipment Supply Chain Solutions / Cable and Wire to EPCs, Sales Director- Industrial, Electrical and Electronic Components and Equipment Supply Chain Solutions / Cable and Wire to EPCs, Senior Business Development Manager- Industrial, Electrical and Electronic Components and Equipment Supply Chain Solutions / Cable and Wire for oil, gas, petrolchem, rail or water projects via EPCs
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct. REF: RP