The world leader of laboratory and in-line precision measurement instrumentation has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced technically orientated Sales Manager to take responsibility for developing new clients and the existing distributor network across Europe. Superb global opportunities within this $4billion technology group.
SALARY: Basic £70,000
BENEFITS: OTE: £10,000 Fully Expensed Car / Car Allowance 25 Days Holiday plus stats Pension Life Assurance Family Medical Insurance
LOCATION: UK Head Office - Harlow
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: You will be required to spend some time in the office throughout the week, but are able to 'work from home' - we deem commutable locations to include : Oxford, Reading, London, Cambridge, Northampton
JOB SPECIFICATION: Sales Manager - Electronic Instrumentation (Europe)
The role will suit a commercially orientated, technically qualified Sales Manager, with a background in electronics or related similar discipline. Candidates will be expected to spearhead the drive for new business sales with major multi-national manufacturers as well as supporting our existing distributor network across all their sales-orientated activities to improve added value.
The Sales Manager (Europe) will be responsible for:
· Developing and implementing commercial strategies to increase sales volumes and added value with new direct/OEM accounts at C level within the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Adhesives, Heath & Beauty and/or Industrial Liquid Consumable markets
· Supporting an existing network of 30 In-Country Distributors and Partners across 30 European countries (excluding UK & Germany) to add sales value
· Managing a small team of European Product and Sales specialists
· Translating monthly data and information from direct and distributors channels to produce accurate sales forecasts and growth funnels
· Managing pricing, margins & costs to maximise sales and profitability
REQUIREMENTS: Sales Manager - Electronic Instrumentation (Europe)
· Must hold a technical qualification in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or related similar discipline
· Proven track record in successfully developing major new OEM/end user accounts at C level within the Pharmaceutical, Adhesives, Chemicals, Health & Beauty, Cosmetic, Industrial Liquid Consumables sectors.
· Experience of managing European distributors/distribution channels
· Ability to manage a small but growing team of European Product Specialists and Sales Executives
· Fluent in English, written and spoken (a second European language is desirable)
· Full, clean, current UK driving licence
· Prepared to undertake regular European travel
We are considered the world leader in laboratory and in-line precision viscosity control instrumentation and are renowned for setting the world standard for viscosity measurement.
The majority of the pharmaceutical, chemical, health & beauty and adhesives R&D laboratories rely on our equipment to ensure the most rigorous quality standards are met.
More recently we have expanded our expertise into other measurement disciplines including texture analysis, moisture analysis and powder flow testing allowing us to move into a broader range of applications and industries.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: European Sales Manager, Export Sales Manager, Distributor Sales Manager, European Distributor Sales Manager, European Channel Manager, Distributor Partner Manager, Distributor Channel Manager, Instrumentation Distribution, Laboratories, Calibration, Viscosity, Rheometers, Texture Analysis, Moisture Analysis, Powder Flow, Electronic Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Health & Beauty, Cosmetic, Industrial Liquid Consumables
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting Sales Manager - Electronic Instrumentation (Europe) and reference TF15058 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683304 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.