Are you a good industrial / technical / engineering sales person tired of micromanagement and endless cold calling? Want to break into the lucrative packaging machinery industry? We need a professional sales person to generate new business and develop existing accounts across the UK and Eire. Working from home / our head office in Alton, Hampshire you will be selling / consulting with engineering / manufacturing customers - supplying a broad range of packaging machinery.
SALARY: Up to £40,000
BENEFITS: Realistic commission of £3k to £5k in year one, £10k in year two but uncapped – so over performance will be rewarded 25 days holiday Company Car Excellent Pension (10% company only) Full access to benefits package including private healthcare and death in service etc.
LOCATION: Working from home but in the office (Alton, Hampshire) 1-2 days a week once up to speed
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bristol, Oxford, London, Reading, Luton, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Coventry, Slough, Watford, Woking, Winchester, Guildford, Leatherhead,
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
· Our reputation, and that of our principals, opens doors. What if there aren’t any truly cold calls anymore? This can be a reality, working for a credible, well-known name in the packaging machinery industry
· No one likes to be micromanaged. We support our sales professionals but treat them like professionals that work hard and get the job done. If you need your manager checking up on you all day, every day – then this is not the job for you.
· Are you an effective relationship builder? Are you credible and confident? We need someone that can develop and nurture relationships over long sales cycles, adding value at every stage.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
JOB SPECIFICATION: Sales Manager - industrial / technical / engineering
This is a technical consultative sales position, reporting to the Managing Director and visiting clients across the UK and Eire. You will be discussing their engineering requirements for packaging machinery / form, fill and seal as well as secondary packaging equipment such as case collation, erection, filling and packaging machinery / palletizing equipment. Our clients operate in a variety of sectors / markets including food processing and manufacture, personal care and household chemicals. Once up to speed, you will be attending 3-4 meetings per week.
You will then propose a technical solution to this requirement – utilizing packaging equipment sourced from a wide variety of principals. You will source quotes from the appropriate suppliers and often arrange visits where you introduce the client to the principals at a manufacturing site on mainland Europe for a demonstration of the equipment / machinery.
Order values can be from €100k up to €1million – and lead times can be as long as a year or more – so you must be able to manage extended sales cycles and client relationships over a long period.
You will attend conferences / exhibitions as required. This is a key part of lead generation for the company, alongside developing client relationships and self-generated networking. There is typically a 70 / 30 split of business generated from new and existing clients – so we need an entrepreneurial, autonomous technical sales professional who is a new business generator, as well as an account manager.
REQUIREMENTS: Sales Manager - industrial / technical / engineering
To be considered for this Sales Manager role you MUST:
· Have a proven track record of sales success from ANY industrial / engineering / technical product or service background.
· Be a consultative sales professional with experience of managing larger sales order values and managing a longer sales cycle
· Have experience of selling at a variety of levels – you should be comfortable communicating and selling to both engineers and presenting at board level
· Have excellent client and supplier relationship management skills - developing a good relationship with the partnering principals is a key part of the job.
You will most probably have some technical engineering qualification / vocational training.
Established in the UK almost 70 years ago, we have long standing relationships with manufacturing principals of primary and secondary packaging machinery all across Europe and beyond. Very well respected in our field – we take great pride in the quality of sales professionals and technical / engineering staff which gives us great credibility in the market place.
PROSPECTS: Sales Manager - industrial / technical / engineering
We have an excellent, proven track record of promoting from within – including at senior level. This is absolutely a career opportunity for the right candidate.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Engineer / Sales Executive / Sales Manager / Technical Sales / Business Development Manager / Account Manager / Key Account Manager / Engineering Sales / Commercial Manager / Capital Equipment / Packaging Equipment / PPMA / Form, Fill & Seal / Engineering Principals / case collation / erection / filling and packaging machinery / palletizing equipment & machinery /
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Sales Manager - industrial / technical / engineering and reference SP14992 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.