Multinational industrial consumable, fastener, electrical, electronic component, MRO and OEM supply chain solutions provider offers superb career prospects for a dynamic and ambitious Location / Regional Sales Manager.
SALARY: £40,000 - £52,000 Basic - possible flexibility
· £50,000 - £60,000 OTE - open ended
· Company Car / Allowance
· Contributory Pension
· Full Out of Pocket Expenses
· Company Fuel Card
· Health Cover
· Laptop, Mobile Phone etc
· 20 Days Holidays plus Stats, rising to 25 with service
LOCATION: Sheffield / Chesterfield
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: South Yorkshire, North Derbyshire, Wakefield, Ilkeston, Nottingham, Buxton, Doncaster, Matlock, Dronfield, Rotherham, Worksop, Retford, Barnsley, Mansfield, Mexborough
JOB SPECIFICATION: Senior Sales Manager / Regional Sales Manager - Electrical, Electronic Components, Fasteners, Wire and Cable, Consumables - OEM / MRO Supply Chain Solutions
· Reporting into the UK Sales Director this is a dual sales / business development / key account management and man- management role with full P & L responsibility, including being responsible for budgeting and forecasting.
· The first part will mainly involve managing and developing the major / key accounts also with an eye on new business development - typically 1 / 2 days out in the field per week. You will be dealing at senior management level at customers including senior purchasing / procurement, logistics also production and technical / engineering.
· There is a team of field New Business Development Managers (reporting to a Commercial Director) with whom you will work and liaise closely with.
· You will also be managing, motivating, coaching and developing internal office based sales teams who are a mix of reactive and proactive sales including transactional / spot sales to contractors, but with selling a service, not just products / widgets in mind.
· This role does not carry operational responsibility, but key account and sales management.
REQUIREMENTS: Senior Sales Manager / Regional Sales Manager - Electrical, Electronic Components, Fasteners, Wire and Cable, Consumables - OEM / MRO Supply Chain Solutions
To be considered for the role you will:
· Have experience of, and success in, a similar role involving man- management and sales/key account and business development ideally in an industrial/ engineering, supply chain, or possibly some other industrial or logistics / supply chain solutions environment. Outstanding candidates from other B2B, preferably service, sales / management backgrounds will also be considered.
· Be able to operate at a high level in sales / key account management, leading from the front and able to think strategically. Also, you will be a positive, dynamic manager able to motivate and develop an internal / office- based sales team and work in a lively, close knit team environment. You will have the drive and ambition to drive your career forward.
Any experience selling to, or managing teams selling to the rail market / OEMs would be useful.
Established over 50 years my client is an $8bn annual turnover corporation operating worldwide with a £2.3bn turnover and 1,800 personnel in Europe with a large structured sales and sales management function in the UK of 180- 200 personnel. They provide a range of electrical, electronic components, fasteners and consumables to industrial OEM and MRO markets on a "just-in-time" (JIT), KanBan, inventory system basis. A household name in the United States, the company is very well established in the UK, with a very well earned reputation for the quality of their service. This role is part of a three to five year expansion plan and could give very good career prospects for the successful applicant.
Excellent in a large successful and expanding company and group. These are exciting times to be joining this company with definite succession plans for the right people joining them at this time.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Branch Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Senior Sales Manager, Sales Director, Business Development Manager - Industrial Consumables, Fasteners, Electrical, Wire and Cable, Rail OEM's, Electronic Components, OEM / MRO Supply Chain Solutions
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.