The role of Senior Development Designer / Design Manager is working for an expanding Retail Design Agency who actively work with global retailers and brands to create innovative interiors and instore communications.
SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Northampton, Milton Keynes, Market Harborough, Wellingborough, Corby, Kettering, Towcester, Daventry, Bedford.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Senior Development Designer – Retail Design Manager
The role as a Senior Development Designer / Design Manager is integral in the growth plans for this well established and award-winning retail design agency. The position will suit either a midweight development designer looking for their next step up or a seasoned development designer / head of design who is looking for their next challenge.
The agency works with some of the UK’s biggest retail groups as well as well know global brands and retailers. The role offers a rewarding environment where you will get to see projects through from cradle to grave.
The role of Senior Development Designer / Design Manager is a hands-on role where you will be involved in all areas of technical design and leadership.
You will also be responsible for the for the following duties and tasks:
* Leading and motivating a team of designers to produce accurate technical concepts
* Be client facing and discussing briefs for future projects
* Work closely with and provide technical support to the Creative Director
* Approving designs / drawings for release
* Working from initial concept renders through to manufacture
* Produce designs that offer engineering solutions on budget and at times to short notice
REQUIREMENTS: Senior Development Designer – Retail Design Manager
In order to be considered as the Lead Technical Designer / Development Designer we are looking for the following skills, experience and personality traits:
* Experienced in producing designs for manufacture across a variety of materials (Metal, Plastic, Joinery etc)
* Knowledge of designing with retail including retail fixtures and fittings
* Working knowledge of Solidworks, AutoCAD, Inventor or similar and Adobe CS / CC
* Client facing presentation skills
* A hands-on approach to work
* A superb eye for detail
* Proven Mid-Senior level technical / development design experience
THE COMPANY - Senior Development Designer – Retail Design Manager
A Retail Design Agency who work with UK and global retailers and have seen significant growth in the past few years.
As the Senior Development Designer / Design Manager the prospects for this role are superb as you will play an integral part in the future growth of the business and will work alongside the current design director and owner / Managing Director.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Development Design, 3D Design, Technical Design, Development Design Team Manager, Design Manager, Head of Development Design,
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Glen Brooke quoting Senior Development Designer – Retail Design Manager reference GGB14811 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683317 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.