You’ve already got experience of owning hardware & driving New Product Development. Your NPD experience & Design for Manufacturing knowledge is in consumer electronics or similar. We develop our technology for the smart energy sector & supply globally. Could you help take our hardware technology to the next level? We’re based in the City of London.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £75,000
- Equity Shares
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
LOCATION: Central London
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: London, Watford, Cambridge, Luton, Milton Keynes, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Hitchin, Hatfield, Harlow, Chelmsford, Dartford, Oxford, Guildford, Reading, Slough
You’ll really want to own hardware development & maintenance. Maybe you don’t currently have that autonomy? Our technology is a combination of legacy product maintenance & new product development (NPD). We utilise 3rd party manufactured technology too. You’ll define the priorities & objectives of this role by working very closely with our long-standing Chief Technology Officer.
Your team will have responsibility for all significant stages of the hardware product life cycle. You should expect this to include:
- Product scoping & defining the technical brief, formalising the design for manufacturing, compiling BOM’s, manufacturing & prototyping, test, adherence to regulatory, compliance & safety standards & then you’ll deal with any after sales hardware related issues too.
We integrate our technology (& 3rd party hardware) into a software platform that we’ve developed. It’s likely over time, that this role will be more about the 3rd party hardware integration, rather than hardcore new product development in house. You’ll play a key role in shaping that. Most of the hardware issues are electronics related, & one of your first challenges will be to solve problems related to rolling out 3rd party products & integrating them into our platform.
You’ll need to strike the fine balance between the commercial requirements of the business, overseeing the supply-chain & product delivery, but ultimately ensuring our customers get their hardware on time.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own Hardware development (mechanical & electronics) & delivery to include its after sales performance in the field
- Line manage a multi-disciplinary hardware development team & influence stakeholders Software, Service Delivery, Quality etc
- Prepare & deliver product delivery plans for the Hardware department (electronics & mechanical) alongside project managers
- You’ll currently, or previously had responsibility for the development & design for manufacturing (DFM) of consumer hardware/technology
- Successfully led hardware teams through NPD & business/departmental growth
- Understand product compliance in relation to consumer electronics – additional brownie points if you’ve worked with energy storage systems or battery backup systems before i.e. nest, hive
- Worked on a global level within a complex supply-chain
- Understand the launch management of new products & the maintenance of existing hardware technology
- Likely educated within an electronics discipline or mechatronics
We design, develop, manufacture & sell the next generation of smart-energy technology. It’s cutting edge. You could say we are the UK’s leading developer of battery storage/smart energy units (any existing knowledge would be outstanding). We’ve even developed the software platform the technology sits on too. Now we have multiple hardware patents. We manufacture in the UK & abroad & we have multiple sites too. We sell globally.
It’s highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets & worked with the following products and/or services: technology, engineering, hardware, technical, PCBA, electronics.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JAC15828, Wallace Hind Selection