Senior Field Service Engineer - world leader in the design and manufacture of ultra-precision lathes & machining systems used to produce the most advanced optical contact and IntraOcular lenses has a superb opportunity for a highly qualified Field Service Engineer to actively undertake field service work (70%) and also take supervisory responsibility for a team of 2 Field Service Engineers.
SALARY: £50,000 - £55,000
· Car/ Car Allowance
· Full Benefits Package
IDEALLY BASED: Leicester or Wokingham
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Reading, Sheffield Leicester, Northampton, Birmingham
THE OPPORTUNITY: Senior / Lead Field Service Engineer - EMEA
The role of Senior / Lead Field Service Engineer is part of our on-going commitment to providing customers a ‘best-in-class’ service and will be a pivotal role in our EMEA service offering.
This opportunity is suited to a highly proficient electronic Field Service Engineer who wants to take personal responsibility for day-to-day field work (70%) and the supervision of a small team of 2 established Field Service Engineers (30%).
You will be expected to be able to take responsibility for end-to-end capital equipment manufacturing system installations, maintenance, diagnostics, troubleshooting, process optimisation and repairs of our products within the EMEA region and ensure customers are fully trained in hardware and software operation.
THE FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER ROLE WILL APPEAL TO CANDIDATES WHO CAN:
· Perform full system installations at customer’s locations in a professional manner
· Conduct machine & maintenance training including leading and coordinating customer factory acceptance testing
· Provide excellent technical service to customers both on-site and remotely via telephone and / or email communication
· Undertake supervisory duties for 2 Field Service Engineers, including scheduling & tracking service/training calls to optimise resources
· Coach, develop and build the knowledge of the team to install a strong customer focused culture
· Travel across EMEA: Europe 70%, (majority in the UK, Germany & France) Middle East 15%, South East Asia 15%
PERSON REQUIREMENTS: Senior / Lead Field Service Engineer - EMEA
· Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering
· Proven track record of working in a senior field service role within a similar or related precision engineering field: Capital Equipment, CNC, Milling, Lathes, Metal Cutting & Turning, Complex Motion Controlled Manufacturing Systems
· Proficient in troubleshooting electromechanical systems including power electronics & PCB’s, software diagnostics and precision motion control mechanics
· Familiarity with industrial hydraulics and pneumatics
· Excellent logical reasoning, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities
· Ability to establish strong working relationships with a wide variety of customers.
· Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture
· Strong effective decision making, organisational and time management skills and with a wide range of negotiating and influencing skills
· Full, clean UK driving licence
We are the world’s largest manufacturer of ultra-precision ophthalmic lathes used in the production of contact lenses and IntraOcular Lenses (IOLs) and are part of the Ultra Precision Technologies division of a leading global corporation with a combined turnover of $4billion. Our ophthalmic lathes are the technology of choice for all major manufacturers regardless of whether the lenses are produced by direct lathing or by moulding processes. Such is our reputation in the industry that our leading brand defines the industry standard and is used by every manufacturer within the ophthalmic field.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Senior Field Service Engineer, Lead Field Service Engineer, EMEA Sales Engineer, Regional Sales Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Technical Support, Ultra-Precision Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Test & Measurement, CNC Lathes, Milling Machines, Turning Machines, Metal Cutting, Lasers, Machine tools, CAT Scanning, MRI, X-Ray, IntraOcular Lenses, Contact Lenses, PCB’s
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting Field Service Engineer - EMEA reference TF15258 to 44 0) 1604 683304 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.