To succeed our Quality Consultant, we now require a Senior Quality Engineer to both continue to maintain and develop the processes and philosophies recently implemented. As an Electronics (batteries) manufacturer, based in central London we have an appetite for growth and a culture which inspires honest, professionalism and togetherness.
BASIC: up to £50,000 per annum
Benefits: Contributory Pension Health Scheme Share Options.
Office Based: City of London (Farringdon)
You could currently live: Getting the train in is best! We are on the Circle line. You could commute into Euston, St Pancras or Kings Cross. Alternatively, be based inside the M25 with good commuter links.
Job Specification: - Senior Quality Engineer – Manufacturing – Electronics
Replacing our quality consultant (there will be a hand over), the role predominately involves the continued development of our quality systems to ensure they are fit for purpose in an ever evolving, fast paced challenging environment.
· The management of hardware quality (new & existing) and hardware regulatory compliance
· Be able to manage Third Party Test Houses (CE marking)
· Diagnose, track & report on Hardware & Software issues
· Develop tools and Quality processes to optimise production processes in-house and with 3rd party manufacturers
· Own and execute a manufacturing partner audit plan (3rd party manufacturing)
· Own the PLM and the QMS in this stand-alone role
· Manage the Non-Conformance database
Product: UK manufactured Smart Battery storage systems and associated Gridshare software which are utilised in over 1000 sites throughout the UK including residential, social hosing and small businesses.
Market: Smart Energy, Smart Grid, Electricity, Utilities. Products utilised by the Government, British Gas, Scottish Power and Good Energy.
What experience should you have: Senior Quality Engineer – Manufacturing - Electronics
Our culture is a major asset and something we are very proud of. We are a small, fast-moving and dynamic team, we give trust and autonomy which means you are a self-starter and can manage / prioritise your own work. We hope you are a motivated engineer, enthusiastic for quality with a passion for innovation and happy to work in a stand-alone role
You will be an experienced quality practitioner with practical skills and experience, acronyms and phrases such as: FMEA, Control Plans, Ishikawa, SPC, 8D, DMAIC and 5Y will be synonymous with your background
Additionally, to be successful you will:
· Be an ISO:9001 auditor who comes from Electronics, Consumer Electronics or Electrical bias products.
· Hands on experience of debugging hardware product problems
· Happy to be London office based 4 days a week where needed – Some Asia travel (1-2 trips per year)
To hit the ground running it would be amazing if you had exposure to the following although we appreciate some of this could have come from other industries:
· Experience with an energy storage system
· Certified lead Auditor (TS16949, AS9100, ITAF, ISO:13485 etc)
· Able to understand & write scripts to automate quality processes (C )
· Be an APQP Practitioner
· Knowledge of IPC610-A or IEEE1725 exposure (Battery Cell Manufacturing)
Founded in 2003 to develop next-generation of smart energy technology and are now seen as the UK’s leading developer of smart battery storage units. We have developed, manufactured and delivered to market a number of patents including the multi-award-winning USBcell battery. The latest patent is their innovative Smart Battery & GridShare cloud aggregation platform which is now being deployed at scale within the UK.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Senior Quality Engineer – Manufacturing - Electronics and reference JAC15111 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.