Are you an experienced Service Engineer or Multi-skilled Engineer who loves throwing themselves into new challenges; a fast learner and someone who is only happy when things are busy? We’re a world leading RFID system and dynamic weighing specialist to the growing recycling and waste management sector, with work coming out of our ears! We need your skills!
BASIC SALARY: Up to £45,000
· Fully fitted vehicle
· 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
· Living & subsistence allowance
· Company Credit Card
· Phone & Laptop
LOCATION: Home based and mainly covering the Midlands and North of the UK – you could be based anywhere along the M1 corridor between, Leicester, Nottingham, Leeds, Loughborough, Chesterfield, Derby, Mansfield, Sheffield, Worksop, Doncaster, Rotherham, Barnsley Huddersfield, Bradford.
· You’ll develop your skills, with ongoing training both in the UK and in Germany, at our Corporate HQ.
· You’ll be treated like a grown up and NOT micro-managed.
· You’ll be working with cutting edge technology in an ever expanding market sector.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Service Engineer, Electrical Service Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer: – RFID, Vehicle Electronics.
This is a home-based Service Engineer role and while you’ll mainly cover the Midlands and North, you could go anywhere in the UK, depending on the need. You’ll be installing, testing and calibrating our market leading weighing and RFID systems on our customer’s brand new and existing Recycling and Waste Management fleet.
You’ll be home most nights, but we’re exceptionally busy, so you could be required to travel outside of your usual territory with the occasional night away.
Because our systems are unique, you’ll get full product training and lots of support from our European service team.
Your day to day will be very varied and include:
· Territory field service and repairs.
· Installation, calibration and testing of RFID dynamic weighing and telematics systems HGV vehicles, in the field, at customer and OEM sites.
· Installation, commissioning & customer training of systems on new vehicles.
· Provision of technical telephone support to customers, when required.
You’ll also complete any necessary paperwork and make sure your vehicles spare part stock levels are maintained.
You’ll also have the opportunity to work in Germany on occasion, pairing up with our European service team.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Service Engineer, Electrical Service Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer – RFID, Vehicle Electronics.
Because of high levels of demand, you’ll need to hit the ground running and be happy to jump straight in. This means you’ll be a time served, electrically or electronic biased Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer or Multi-Skilled Engineer. You will have technology equipment service or installation knowledge.
You could already be used to working on a variety of kit, including forklits, mobile plant, materials handling equipment or HIAB’s.
Regardless, you will also:
· Be educated to NVQ level 3 or higher and a life-long learner in Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering
· Be willing to work both indoors and outside, in all weathers.
· Have a full driving license and be happy to travel throughout the UK when required, including occasional overnight stays as well as occasion trips to Germany.
We’re looking for people who love to learn and we’ll fully invest in your training. Once you’re up and running this will be stand-alone role, so it is important that you are self-motivated and able to work independently. You will need excellent problem solving & trouble-shooting skills with the ability to think on your feet.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Service Engineer, Electrical Service Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Calibration Engineer, Diagnostic Engineer, Electronic Test Engineer, Technical Engineer, Field Maintenance Engineer – RFID, Calibration, Weighing Systems, Commercial Vehicle Electrics, Vehicle Electronics, Telematics, Metrology, Sensor, Transducer, Forklift, HIAB, Materials Handling Equipment.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen, as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LH17434, Wallace Hind Selection