Do you want to make a difference in a small business, looking to take the next step? A financially strong company that is expanding in a recession! Perhaps you’re in maintenance and want to break into a service role? If you’re a truly multi skilled service / maintenance / workshop engineer with experience of industrial capital equipment and are commutable to our site near Bicester – we want to talk to you!
BASIC SALARY: Up to £35,000
· Holiday package
· Company vehicle option
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Oxford, Northampton, Leamington Spa, Daventry, Aylesbury, Witney, Bletchley, Coventry.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Service Engineer / Workshop Engineer / Maintenance Engineer : Special Purpose Machinery / PPMA
Initially, based as a Workshop Engineer at our site near Bicester, you will undertake mechanical / electrical work on machines for repair / refurbishment. You will take on responsibilities for goods in / out and management of inventory / spare parts (re-ordering when low is stock, for instance).
The role will develop into service work at client sites across the UK and, as your experience grows, you would expand responsibilities to include CAD design and development of new/improved parts and systems. None of this will be unsupervised – but is part of the ‘all hands to the pump’ way that we work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Service Engineer / Workshop Engineer / Maintenance Engineer : Special Purpose Machinery / PPMA
· Electro-Mechanical repair / refurbish from the workshop. Broad range of technologies across special purpose machinery – predominantly for the food sector.
· Workshop management – Goods In / Goods Out / Stock maintenance.
· Service work – 80% scheduled / 20% reactionary.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Service Engineer / Workshop Engineer / Maintenance Engineer : Special Purpose Machinery / PPMA
· A truly multi skilled service / maintenance / workshop engineer commutable to Bicester site.
· Experience of industrial capital equipment and PPMA (Process / Packaging machinery) would be an obvious advantage.
· Flexible and able to support all aspects of the business in a small team.
· Desire to, over the medium / long term become part of the senior management team.
· Someone who will see the potential in a well-run, profitable, successful small business and wants to help it grow.
Established over 15 years ago – we are a small, profitable company with expansion plans. We are well regarded as experts in Horizontal & Vertical Form Fill and Seal / Flow Wrapping machinery to the food industry. We hold a large range of parts for Ilapak and other branded equipment. Small business – ‘all hands to the pump’ mentality.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Service Engineer / Workshop Engineer / Maintenance Engineer : Special Purpose Machinery / PPMA
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: SP16075, Wallace Hind Selection