You’ll develop your Mechanical and Electrical Service Engineering skills to become an expert in our sector. You’ll be servicing access equipment on some of the tallest structures in the UK, from cooling towers to cranes, from buildings to off-shore platforms
SALARY: £28,000 – £32,000 base with fantastic overtime
- 1st year typical earnings = c£40k / 2nd year typical earnings = c£50k
- Overtime : T+1/2 after 40 hours, T+1/2 Sat & Tx2 Sun & B/hols (Hours paid door 2 door)
- Overnights paid at £25 per night + £30 food allowance + Free lunch the following day.
- Travel: Company vehicle, fully fitted & business mileage only
- 20 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Uniform & PPE / tools and technology all provided.
LOCATION: You’ll be home based in the Midlands, M6 Corridor (Liverpool, Manchester) or Scotland (Glasgow / Edinburgh) and happy to travel where required.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: You could be commutable from: Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Liverpool, Nottingham, Leicester, Sheffield, Stoke on Trent, Northampton, Wellingborough, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Slough, Reading, Farnborough, Luton, St Albans, Watford, Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Harrow, Edgware, Barnet, Enfield, Hertford, Cheshunt, Harlow, Chelmsford, Brentwood, Romford, Basildon, Dartford, Dagenham, Gravesend, Maidstone, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Bromley, Croydon, Mitcham, Sutton, East Grinstead, Crawley, Guildford, Epsom, Kingston Upon Thames, Woking, Twickenham, Hounslow, Wokingham, Maidenhead, Slough, Hayes, High Wycombe, Wembley, Aylesbury.
Why this role?
- You want to become a highly trained, technical expert?
- You love a challenge and like working at heights in all weathers?
- You’re looking for a career not just a job?
You’re a Multi-skilled Service Engineer / Mechanical Engineer / Electrical Engineer looking to improve and learn more. You’ll get full training to become one of our skilled Service Engineers so to begin with you’ll will be working on a variety of UK onshore customer sites across construction, ports, shipyards and power sectors. As your skills develop you’ll progress onto our Offshore Oil & Gas customers and ultimately you could be deployed to our customers, anywhere in the World.
You will be repairing and servicing:
- Rack and pinion drive systems and gearboxes.
- Centrifugal brake systems and safety device firing controls.
- 415 and 240 volt power and control cables.
As you could be working anywhere in the UK you should expect regular nights away (usually 2/3 per week as a minimum) but these can be in a longer term block, particularly when you progress to the off-shore or overseas level.
BUT, before you hit the apply button please ask yourself the following:
- Am I happy working at extreme height?
- Do I like working outside in ALL weathers?
- Can I show my hands-on experience of motors / gearboxes / bearings and rollers?
- Am I a qualified Mechanical Service Engineer or Electrical Service Engineer, educated toNVQ Level 3 or ONC, HNC, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Degree?
If you answered YES to the above and you have any experience of working on cranes, traction lifts or similar things like material handling equipment or access plant lifting equipment such as: alloy gantries, forklifts, hiabs or versa lifts, skates, air skates, cranes, toe jacks, roller bars, ultralift, telehandlers the you should APPLY NOW!
We’re also really interested in applications from either qualified Industrial Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineers and ex-Forces (Military, Army, Navy, RAF) personnel are of significant interest as are Marine Engineers.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Engineer, Hydraulic Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Machinery Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Service Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Fitter, Heavy Plant, Heavy Engineering, Winches, hoists, motors, bearings, gearboxes and clutches, fall arrest systems, hydraulics, slinging, signalling, mechanical handling equipment, access plant lifting equipment, alloy gantries, forklifts, hiabs or versa lifts, skates, air skates, cranes, toe jacks, roller bars, ultralift, telehandlers, military, Army, Navy, RAF.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note : Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LH15578, Wallace Hind Selection