The Automotive Autonomous Vehicle market is booming! This is your way in. Maybe you’re already developing PC / Windows based software, or you’re looking to move away from developing Applications, for Android, IOS or Web based platforms? We don’t mind. Join us in house developing our PC based diagnostics and telematics software near Nuneaton, Warwickshire.
SALARY: Up to £45,000 assessed on your relevant practical experience
· Full benefits package to include Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance and Flexible working
LOCATION: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Tamworth, Leicester, Hinckley, Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Loughborough, Northampton, Banbury
JOB DESCRIPTION: Software Engineer - Diagnostic Software
This isn’t your typical Software Engineering role. Taking a key role in the development and ongoing maintenance of PC / Windows based software for vehicle diagnostics, you will be working alongside experienced Software and Hardware Engineers across the R&D department. We’re breaking new ground. This is cutting edge technology utilised by Trucks, Trailers and Connected Autonomous Vehicles (driverless vehicles) Globally.
You will be responsible for the full software life cycle to include concept, specification, analysis, design, implementation and then final test on these PC / Windows based diagnostics programs in C#. You will also get the opportunity to work on our Fleet Data Management system from a C Software Engineering aspect too.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Software Engineer - Diagnostic Software
· Develop vehicle diagnostics software for us in accordance with up to date IATF 16949 processes
· Assist in developing the software for all our in-house test equipment
· Follow product development processes including our Project Management Model (HPMM) and APQP
· Perform all software related job functions in accordance with our policies and procedures
· Identify new processes and tools to improve the efficiency of the product development process and traceability
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Software Engineer - Diagnostic Software
To be considered for this Software Engineer role, you MUST have experience of C# or C Object Oriented Programming in a Windows desktop environment.
The following attributes would also aid your application:
· Experience of real-time operating systems (RTOS)
· Knowledge of .NET Core and WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation)
· Experience of unit testing and the ability to use Microsoft Visual Studio
· Ability to use a version control software such as SVN
· Experience with PC support software for embedded applications
An understanding or practical experience of MFC (Microsoft Foundation Class Library) or Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) would be a bonus.
We are an established manufacturer of electronic braking systems and suspension systems for Autonomous Vehicles. With strong international exposure, we supply our systems to major truck and trailer manufacturers globally.
We are an automotive giant operating Sales, R&D and Manufacturing all over the world, with sites based in over 20 different countries covering Mainland Europe, Indo-China, South America and North America.
Around half of our sales are generated in North America, one-third in Europe and the remainder in Asia and South America.
Our development and test facilities in Nuneaton are unsurpassed, as is our proactive attitude towards employee care and development. We offer an excellent work / life balance and career development opportunities.
You will be encouraged to take ownership for your own career development in a supportive environment within which you can thrive.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Software, diagnostics, telematics, C , C#, Software Engineer, Software Development, Software Coding, windows, autonomous vehicles, automotive, aerospace, vehicle diagnostics, diagnostic software
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.