Can you use your automotive Software Systems knowledge to lead a team and create the future?
We are a leading Global Automotive Manufacturer of systems and components, looking for a Software Implementation Leader to lead and grow a team of 12 motivated and innovative engineers with Safety Critical products. If you are a true Leader and not just a manager and know what true leadership means, then your place is with us!
SALARY: £55,000 – £64,000
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Birmingham, Coventry, Stoke, Derby
You should apply for this role if:
· You are a key motivational leader who is passionate about engineering and Software and have Strong ‘C’ programming language skills
· ‘C++’ Windows programming language skills are also beneficial
· Use of ‘Safe C’ subsets e.g. MISRA
· Appreciation of the specific challenges of real time systems
· Appreciation of structured analysis and design techniques
· Some exposure to MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow is beneficial
· Understanding of compilers and linkers
· Understanding of microcontroller hardware
· Familiarity with emulators and debug tools
· Has the ability to work with others in a cross discipline team of engineers
· Ability to manage software tools, including licensing and version control
· Advise others on the implementation of the software development process
· You have experience in providing leadership on ISO26262
· You have experience of working in a Safety Critical environment (Automotive, Aerospace or Medical)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Software Implementation Leader / Lead Software Engineering Manager (Automotive)
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Software Implementation Leader will be responsible for helping to transform and shape our organisation’s R&D facility:
· Leading and Motivating your team to achieve great success and increase efficiency
· Providing overall technical leadership for all software Design and Development activities in your team
· Providing leadership on ISO26262 activities
· Systems Engineering, Requirements Capture and Management, Validation and Verification, System Integration
· Control System Design and Development for our European Projects
We’re inviting applications from candidates with a demonstrable Engineering background and strong leadership skills.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Software Implementation Leader / Lead Software Engineering Manager (Automotive)
As the Software Implementation Leader, you will be involved in developing systems, processes and procedures, to build and grow a team of motivated and innovative engineers to deliver the Group’s ambitions for this growing area of the Group’s R&D facility.
We are looking for some of the best software Leaders in the Automotive Engineering sectors. You must be able to initiate change, take ownership and help drive new technologies through a team, therefore proven leadership experience is vital.
We are a leading Global Automotive Manufacturer of systems and components and have recently invested in a brand-new state of the art fully equipped R&D facility in the UK. As a global leader in our market, we design, develop and manufacture a range of systems and products which are supplied to major Automotive OEMs and Tier 1’s around the world.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Lead Software Design, Lead System Engineer, Technical Software Manager, Software Design Engineer, Software & System Engineer, Lead Engineer, System Design, OEM Tier 1 & 2, Transportation, Aerospace, Medical or any Safety Critical markets.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IL16050, Wallace Hind Selection