Are you a Structural Engineer looking to manage a team and run your own Design Office? This is a brand new role here in Northampton where you’ll be the primary approver for all Structural work within our sector. We design and manufacture our Overhead Factory Cranes and Gantry Structures.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £60,000
· 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
· Employer pension contribution of 4% (5% employee)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Wellingborough, Rushden, Daventry, Towcester, Bedford, Rugby, Market Harborough, Kettering, Corby, Newport Pagnell,
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
· A new role and a chance for you to take complete ownership of a Design office, making it your own.
· Work with a great team on bespoke and cutting edge projects.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Structural Engineer, Civil Structural Engineer – Structural Steel
As our Structural Engineer, you’ll be responsible for improving the structural design process and efficiencies of our small, but very busy engineering design office. You and your team, will create calculation packs for our market leading crane and hoist systems, as well as drive continuous improvement across the design teams workflow.
In this critical role you’ll be the primary approver for all structural calculations which will have a significant impact across the business as a whole.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Structural Engineer, Civil Structural Engineer – Structural Steel
You must be qualified to Degree level or equivalent in Structural Engineering or related field.
· Use your Structural knowledge to help improve the Design process and make us more efficient.
· Be the Primary approver for all the Structural calculations.
· Manage a team and run the Design office.
· Be able to create detailed calculation packs and also have CAD systems experience to design 2D & 3D Parts and assemblies (SolidWorks is preferred although not essential as full training will be provided).
· Carry out UK-wide site visits to clients to establish their needs.
· Have a proven track record in a Structural Steel or a Material Handling environment.
You’ll also be able to demonstrate great team leading qualities or experience, being either ready to move into a formal management role or already in one.
Since 1994 we’ve specialised in the design, manufacturing, and testing of overhead factory cranes & gantry structures. After a recent merger with our new parent company, we’re modernising our business and adding the right skills to our team to keep us ahead of our competition.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Structural Engineer, Civil Engineer, Civil Structural Engineer – Structural Steel, Steel Works, Cranes & Hoists, Material Handling, Technical Pre-Sales, Formworks, Rail, Cranes, Steel Production, Fabrication, Steel Fabrication, Heavy engineering, Capital Equipment
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: ZH17286 – Wallace Hind Selection