A dynamic and experienced Supply Chain / Operations Manager is required to bring continuity between our UK and new European operations. Based in Hackney, we are an innovative company with an advanced technology and a genuine desire to bring about positive change.
SALARY: £60,000 - £70,000
· 25 Days Holiday
LOCATION: Hackney, London
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Hackney, Luton, Dartford, Tonbridge Wells, Chelmsford, Watford, Maidstone, Croydon
JOB SPECIFICATION: Supply Chain / Operations Manager
As the Supply Chain Manager / Operations Manager your focus will be to ensure a seamless delivery within our UK Production Facility OTIF. Working closely with our partners in Germany, you will strengthen our partnership through sharing lean practice and continuous improvement techniques for our new European site and UK plant.
Reporting directly to the UK MD and Europe your key tasks will be to;
· Take full responsibility of the supply chain from raw material sourcing to the warehouse of our customer and stocks, including the operation of a small production unit and IT systems
· Oversee the planning, production and monitoring of stocks, providing a balanced view on risk / suitability
· Maintain key relationships with 3PL partners, toll-manufacturing partner, logistics / courier providers and other suppliers
· Liaise with the sales team on demand and supply planning and new projects assessing feasibility
· Manage a team of 3 direct reports and up to 10 indirect
REQUIREMENTS: Supply Chain / Operations Manager
Ultimately you will already demonstrate success as a Planner, Operations Manager or Supply Chain Manager within a manufacturing environment, as well as being a;
· Hands on operator with a flexible but honest approach to driving through operational change
· Candidate who sees the bigger picture, formulates pragmatic solutions and enjoys running multiple projects at once
· Person who thrives on an active role in the business and in an exciting environment
· Keen Individual who is excited by innovation and creativity as well as having a commercial awareness and business acumen
It is likely you will have previously shown strong analytical and communicational skills, managed a supply chain including European / International elements and worked with a variety of outsourced providers (3PL). It is also likely that you would have undertaken one of the following roles: Planner, Supply Chain Manager, Operations Manager, Head of Operations, Supply Chain and Logistic Manager, Operations Director, Group Operations Manager, General Manager, Plant Manager.
We innovate, we are growing, and our mission is strong. We’re just getting started!
Currently in partnership with an international manufacturing group, one of Europe’s market leading manufacturers of adhesive solutions for a variety of industrial and commercial uses, we will;
· Value your opinion and give you the autonomy to maximise the role
· Offer genuine potential to be part of something exciting and innovative
· Welcome you into a small but passionate team. We work hard, and are recognised for our product, brand and operation
INTERESTED? Please apply to our consultant Michael Thorpe quoting Supply Chain / Operations Manager and reference MT15329 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683313 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston, Northants, NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.