An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager to join the worldwide leading supplier of locking systems and solutions used and recommended by Main Contractors, Architects, Specifiers and Architectural Ironmongers.
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000
· Contributory Pension
· Life Assurance
· 24 Days plus Stats
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Wellingborough, Leicester, Bedford, Kettering, Peterborough
JOB SPECIFICATION: Supply Chain Manager : Locking Systems, Access Control Systems, Architectural Ironmongery
The Supply Chain Manager role is to lead, motivate and manage the supply chain office to provide the best possible customer service and supplier relationships in order to maintain stocks and forward supplies. Manage the company’s inventory as such that they can supply to meet customer demand whilst keeping the overall values and targets within agreed levels and support other operational departments as well as the external sales team in the company’s endeavour to continually improve customer loyalty and gain new business.
We are looking for candidates who will:
· Manage, direct and lead the team within the Supply Chain office in delivering the best service and support to both Internal and external customers.
· A proactive approach to maintain stocks to agreed levels by planning and forecasting requirements by use of APO and SAP planning, Purchase Order and MRP systems.
· Continue to work with the Head of Procurement when necessary to ensure supplier changes / requirements are discussed at top level.
· Create transparency within the department by way of analysing data and providing information up line.
· Work closely with colleagues to share best practice. This will mean travelling to Europe to work alongside other purchasing / stock control managers to gain insight and deliver improvements within the UK.
· Review and make recommendations to change how they manage forecasts / production planning / stock levels
REQUIREMENTS: Supply Chain Manager : Locking Systems, Access Control Systems, Architectural Ironmongery
· A Supply Chain Manager, ideally from a manufacturing background with a proven track of success and strong people management skills.
· Experience in SAP – purchase Order, Sales Order and planning modules sufficient abilities to integrate the system such that all questions relating to Inventory control, customers orders, sales history and planning can be answered fully
· Good experience in spreadsheet analysis, usage and understanding such that all required applications and software can be used.
· Business warehouse – ability to understand the workings and construction of reports
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written across all levels of the business.
We are a European, market leading manufacturing group which supplies innovative window and door locking systems supplying direct to window and door manufacturers, through specification to architectural practices and building contractors as well as via established distributor and retail channels.
With an annual group turnover of in excess of €270 million, we manufacture at 4 sites and distribute from a further 5 across Europe.
We are at the forefront of innovation and our products offer clients the full spectrum of solutions.
After undergoing a strategic business review, current company growth as well as opportunities that have arisen, we are now looking to strengthen our team with a proven Supply Chain Manager.
· The opportunity to join, a brand leading name and Europe wide manufacturer
· The company has an active policy of promotion from within and offers the genuine opportunity to develop your career
· This position will be challenging but also tremendously rewarding. Coaching, mentoring and training are an integral part of the company’s culture
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Peterson quoting Supply Chain Manager : Locking Systems, Access Control Systems, Architectural Ironmongery and reference IP15504 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683319 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.