Senior Technical Field Sales Executive – Technical Industrial Consumables, Ingredients, Components and Raw Materials sought by a multinational group to help manage and grow their successful and growing UK business, concentrating on the North West and the East, West and South Midlands.
BASIC SALARY: £30,000 – £40,000
· OTE: £40,000 – £50,000
· Quarterly and Annual Bonus and Commission based on personal turnover, profitability, agreed KPIs and company performance realistically 20-25% of basic salary
· Company Car (Audi A3 type or equivalent) – Fully Expensed
· Pension Scheme
· Health Scheme
· Life Assurance
· Other Benefits – Full Home Remote Communications Package including laptop, mobile etc / Full Out of Pocket Expenses, Company Credit Card
· 25 Days Holidays plus stats
LOCATION: North West and the East, West and South Midlands
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Cheshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Manchester, West Midlands, Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Merseyside, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Buckinghamshire.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Senior Technical Field Sales Executive / Account Manager- Technical Industrial Consumables, Mineral Based Ingredients, Components, Raw Materials, Chemicals
· Covering the UK, but concentrating on the North West and the East, West and South Midlands you will inherit substantial existing annual sales from a range of end user customers each spending upwards of £50k- £100k per annum. You will be tasked with growing this by at least 10% in year one by developing these existing key and national accounts (50% of your time) and new business (50%).
· You will be talking both technical and commercial with customers, you will get a lot of support internally on the technical side from the company’s dynamic and experienced R & D teams
· Your new business will come from your own research, but also from marketing e.g. exhibition generated leads.
· This is a key and very visible role for my client’s UK sales strategy, there is a lot of potential for growth of these end user markets in the UK and Ireland.
· You will also be managing and developing relationships with distributors this will include giving their sales personnel support in terms of technical advice and dual visitation.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Senior Technical Field Sales Executive / Account Manager- Technical Industrial Consumables, Mineral Based Ingredients, Components, Raw Materials, Chemicals
To be considered for this technically and commercially varied and interesting role you will:
· Have experience in technical sales selling a technical product to industry, ideally a consumable, preferably chemical or materials based, but could be component. You will be technical as there will be application based sales, but also with a high degree of commercial awareness as some will be more commodity – based sales.
· Preferably, but not essentially, be qualified in a related e.g. chemistry, materials science, minerals, or other technical / engineering discipline
· Be comfortable to travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays.
· Established over 60 years with 850 personnel and a £100m+ worldwide annual turnover selling to over 90 countries worldwide my client manufactures and supplies a very wide range of mineral based technical consumer and industrial products consumables, additives, ingredients and raw materials.
· Their products are market leading owing to their richness and activeness. Also they are virtually the only company in their market with UK based manufacturing / mills.
· There are three distinct divisions in the company; consumer, industrial/ and specialities.
· This role is part of the industrial division is involved in additives for construction products like paints, coatings, mortars, cement, plaster, asphalt etc, civil engineering. Also foundry, paper, industrial absorbents, spill control, edible oil refining, filtration, microspheres / fillers, refining, purification and recycling of oils, fuels, drinks/ beverage and waste water as well as waste inertisation, landfill waterproofing and soil remediation.
Excellent in a growing and successful group, in the UK and also prospects internationally for the right candidate.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Senior Technical Field Sales Executive / Account Manager / Sales Manager / Technical Sales Manager / National Account Manager / Key Account Manager – Technical Industrial Consumables, Mineral Based, Ingredients, Components, Raw Materials, Chemicals
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: RP15667, Wallace Hind Selection