A successful Technical Sales Manager is sought by worldwide adhesive tapes and related product solutions manufacturer covering the South Midlands and South of England.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000- £50,000 – possible flexibility.
· Commission based on own and company performance up to £15,000 per annum.
· Fully Expensed Company Car (BMW 330e or equivalent.)
· Full Out of Pocket Expenses including Fuel Card, Company Credit Card.
· Full Home, Remote Communication package including laptop, mobile phone etc
· Contributory Pension Scheme – company match 4% rising to 5%.
· 25 days holidays plus stats rising to 30 with service.
LOCATION: South Midlands and South of England
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Oxford, Aylesbury, Bicester, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Cambridge, Welwyn, Hertford, St Albans, Huntingdon, Peterborough.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Technical Sales Manager – Adhesive Tapes, Technical Industrial Components, Consumables, Materials to OEMs
This Technical Sales Manager role is a key role for the company with a lot of potential to build on substantial existing sales in the South Midlands and South of England in automotive, OEM and first tier suppliers, construction products, renewable energy, consumer goods / electronics and other light manufacturing industries, amongst others.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Technical Sales Manager – Adhesive Tapes, Technical Industrial Components, Consumables, Materials to OEMs
· A mix of new and existing business you will be dealing with senior design / engineering and procurement decision makers at customers selling a full technical and supply solution.
· There is a lot scope to increase the range of solutions with existing accounts including major tier one automotive suppliers and OEMs, this can involve international collaboration internally. Also building & construction product manufacturers and traditional light manufacturing industry.
· Contacting dormant accounts and making them aware of the full range of my client’s capabilities in terms of product range / applications / technical capability, presentation, form and format of product and application.
· New business should be well researched and targeted by using your own market knowledge and keeping abreast of current and future trends and opportunities. There will also be marketing, website, exhibition etc. leads. You will also have an extensive database to utilise.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Technical Sales Manager – Adhesive Tapes, Technical Industrial Components, Consumables, Materials to OEMs
To be considered for his potentially lucrative role in terms of salary and career progression you will:
· Ideally have a proven track record of sales success in the tapes and related products markets to OEMs and manufacturing industry.
· My client will definitely consider applicants with excellent track records of solution selling some other technical industrial component, consumable or materials e.g. adhesives, sealants, coatings, fasteners- any knowledge of relevant markets will help.
· Any technical, engineering or materials science qualifications are preferable, but not essential.
· Also have excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to spot and exploit market trends and work cross functionally as part of an international team.
Established for over 150 years with an £800m+ annual turnover 29 production sites and 1,600 staff worldwide supply to over 50 countries, my client is a truly global company – they are a byword for quality and technical expertise in their market. They have a very well- established, over 30 years, and growing UK operation.
Very good in a growing UK operation and multinational group.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Technical Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Sales Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Senior Technical Sales Executive, Senior Sales Engineer – Adhesive Tapes, Adhesives, Technical Industrial Components, Consumables, Materials, Fasteners, Sealants, Coatings to OEMs
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: RP16965, Wallace Hind Selection