Are you an experienced Surveyor, Site Engineer or Civil Engineer fed up being in the field and interested in working in a challenging and diverse team environment? Based in St Neots, we are recruiting a Technical Support Specialist to provide advice and support to clients across a range of market leading technologically advanced surveying equipment.
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000
· Annual leave 25 days rising to 29 days with service, with the ability to buy up to 5 days per annum
· Excellent retirement benefits
· Heath insurance
· Flexible working options
· Income protection insurance
· Employee discounts: ‘My Work/Life Solutions’ provides you with access to a range of discounts and offers from top high street and One Retail Group brands as well as other benefits
· Perks and incentives: Employees have access to Eye care vouchers for sight testing and glasses and Cycle2Work scheme that enables you to hire bicycles and related cycling safety equipment
LOCATION: Eaton Socon, St Neots
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bedford, Cambridge, Rushden, Wellingborough, Biggleswade, Huntingdon, Stevenage, Flitwick
JOB DESCRIPTION: Technical Support Specialist
We are a leading provider of technologically advanced surveying equipment to construction companies across the UK. We pride ourselves in providing an extensive range of high-quality equipment including digital levels, GIS products, Mobile Mapping, UAV, Machine Control and BIM to our clients in the civil engineering, surveying, and construction industries. We are committed to innovating the service provided to customers by adding new surveying, monitoring, scanning, and other products, solutions and services.
As the Technical Support Specialist, your duties will include but not limited to:
· Providing technical support and training to customers for both hardware and software
· Proactively manage new customer enquiries and outstanding support tickets within the required timeframe
· Ensure that all queries are logged and updated in real-time
· Actively work to ensure positive feedback and customer satisfaction
Above all, you will enjoy working in a challenging and diverse team working environment, with the ability to develop your career and skills with the excellent training courses provided.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Technical Support Specialist
You MUST have strong practical problem-solving capabilities and the ability to quickly analyse, identify, define and resolve issues as well as:
· Communicate different levels of technical knowledge to varying levels of understanding in a simple and coherent manner
· Provide support and technical knowledge for shows, exhibitions, open days and demonstrations to company and distribution sales teams
· Be able to work under your own initiative and display good time management
· Operate well under severe technical, time and customer pressures
We are a Global multimillion-pound organisation who is part of a larger group who employs over 2,300 employees operating worldwide. We are a UK leading distributor of advanced technological equipment specialising in the sales, hire, repair and calibration of surveying equipment.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Civil Engineer, Site Engineer, Surveyor, Technical Support Specialist, Technical Support, Structural Engineer, Contracting Civil Engineer, Building Control Surveyor, Building Service Engineer, Quality Surveyor.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.