Great opportunity to work in a cutting-edge Test and Development / Research and Development department within a major manufacturer in the Automotive industry. What do our engineers think? “A chance to work on the test and development of the latest in vehicle technology”, “a culture that encourages individuality and creativity”, “A supportive environment that actively promotes work life balance”. If you are looking for a growing business within the Nuneaton region to build a career - we want to hear from you!
SALARY: Up to £45,000
BENEFITS: Good Holiday Package Flexitime Options
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Tamworth, Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Burton-On-Trent, Lichfield, Sutton Coldfield
Why would this Test and Development Engineer role will appeal to you?
· You will be encouraged to think freely to identify novel solutions to engineering challenges.
· Your ideas will progress into real life products, supported by a highly resourced research and development company.
· We actively promote from within – this is genuinely a career opportunity.
· We will also actively encourage you to enjoy a genuine work life balance!
JOB SPECIFICATION - Test and Development Engineer:
· You will be an important part of our fast-growing Test and Development Engineering department. Liaising between project engineering, the design department and external resources, you will take ownership of projects from a testing and development perspective.
· Collaboration with the project engineering and design engineering department and utilising product design specifications, you will plan and implement test and development engineering programs for product development and engineering sign off.
· The most important elements of this process are establishing what information, and therefore, what testing is required and what would be the best approach on a project by project basis.
· You will co-ordinate and manage the construction of components / system rigs / equipment for the development and testing - and then project manage the internal or outsourced testing.
· You will also be responsible for providing detailed, appropriate test reports – identifying route causes and utilising analysis to propose potential engineering solutions.
REQUIREMENTS: Test and Development Engineer
· You must be a qualified engineer with strong mechanical understanding (HNC / ONC / Degree or equivalent)
· To be considered for this position, you must have a background in a product testing and / or development environment and experience of working through (ideally several) product development cycles.
· This experience could come from a variety of different engineering sectors such as Automotive, Motorsport, Rail, or Aeronautical – specific experience of a highly regulated product testing and development environment is essential.
· Any exposure to LabVIEW would also be a bonus.
We are a world leading research and development organisation and supplier of pneumatic controlled engineered products / systems with an international customer base supplying the world’s most recognised manufacturer brands.
The European Technical Centre at Nuneaton is the jewel in the crown of our global R&D expertise. Our facilities are extensive as is our proactive attitude towards employee care and development with un-rivalled work / life balance, training and career development opportunities.
We have a long standing, proven track record of promoting from within. This is an exciting period of growth for the business – and a great time to get on board.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Test and Development / Research and Development / Testing Engineer / Development Engineer / Mechanical Engineer / Automotive / Motorsport / Aerospace / Aeronautical / Rail /
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Test and Development Engineer and reference SP15036 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.