Trainee Engineer / Industrial Cleaner - This is an entry level position working in a test kitchen for a multi-national supplier of food processing equipment based in Milton Keynes. If you have a good work ethic, an interest in food technology, and the desire to develop a career - this is the job for you.
SALARY: up to £25,000
BENEFITS: Profit Related Annual Bonus 25 days holiday Pension BUPA
LOCATION: Milton Keynes
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Northampton, Luton
WHY SHOULD I APPLY? Trainee Engineer / Industrial Cleaner
· Are you working shifts? Weekends? This is a job working days - Monday to Friday.
· Are you frustrated with the grind of doing the same thing every day? This job has huge variety - every day will be different.
· This is a career move. The right candidate can use this trainee engineer / industrial cleaner position as a jumping off point into various internal departments including Sales & Projects within the medium term. We also have a great track record of promoting from within.
· You will learn SO much in this role. Working closely with the Customer Centre Manager within the Test Kitchen, on a wide catalogue of market leading capital equipment and doing the set-up and tear down on tests for customers from across the UK. We share our success with our employees. Our profit-based annual bonus rewards the whole team for their hard work and continued success.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Trainee Engineer / Industrial Cleaner
This is an internal vacancy, reporting to and working alongside the Customer Centre Manager. You will support the preparation, running, and tear down / industrial cleaning of the in-house Test Kitchen. As part of the sales process, clients are invited to the site for full demonstrations of both processing and packaging equipment with our customers’ products. You will support this process.
This Trainee Engineer / Industrial Cleaner role will involve:
· Preparing and running customer trials
· The preparation & customisation of machinery and materials.
· Moving equipment around the warehouse.
· Assisting in filming the tests and trials.
· Breakdown and cleaning of all equipment.
· Keeping customer centre in “Showroom Order” the area is a showcase area for new and existing customers.
· Working with the stores to pick parts and check parts are ready for tests.
· Learning about the vast amount of stock we hold for our customers.
This is an exceptionally varied role which requires flexibility, the ability to learn on-the-job, excellent attention to detail and a passion for a job well done. The right candidate will be willing to get stuck in and get their hands dirty.
REQUIREMENTS: Trainee Engineer / Industrial Cleaner
To be considered for this Trainee Engineer / Industrial Cleaner role you MUST:
· Either through experience or education, have an understanding of industrial mechanical engineering.
· Have an interest in food technology.
You might be working on a production line in an industrial / factory setting and want to do more.
It is possible that you will hold a mechanical engineering qualification or will have completed an engineering apprenticeship. A forklift licence would also be of benefit.
We are a well-established market leading supplier of food process and packaging machinery. This is an expansion role to strengthen the team on the back of impressive growth.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Industrial Cleaner / Trainee Engineer / Mechanical Engineer / Electrical Engineer / Mechatronic Engineer / Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer / Project Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer / Capital Equipment / Packaging Machinery / Process Machinery / Food Technology / Industrial Engineering
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Trainee Engineer / Industrial Cleaner and reference SP14898 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.