Hands on Warehouse Manager / Operations Manager required to join a leading supplier of branded, bespoke embroidered, customised and personalised sports team wear
SALARY: Basic up to £45,000
BENEFITS: Company Bonus 5% 25 Days Holiday Plus Stats Group Pension
Part of a privately-owned global Group, we are one of the UK’s leading suppliers of branded, bespoke embroidered and personalised sports team wear (all the leading sports brands) to the educational sector (schools & universities / colleges) and major grass roots sports clubs across the UK.
We are an established leader within this market with significant growth opportunities also opening up across other grass roots sports. As an example of the market potential, one large grass roots football club alone has over 100 teams, made up of over 1,000 players, with each player requiring customised and personalised sportswear.
Job Responsibilities: Warehouse Operations Manager
Due to a recent, significant strategic initiative, we wish to recruit an Operations Manager to take complete responsibility for:
· Day to day management of a 12,500sq ft warehousing operation
· Leading a team of 6 (10 in peak) across production and distribution
· Effectively schedule / plan work flows to meet customers varying demands and to deliver on time and in full (OTIF)
· 3PL Management (including reviews contract negotiations and SLA’s)
· Stock Management
· Uphold rigorous housekeeping controls in line with our company / industry requirements and meeting Health and Safety legislation as well as maintaining ISO accreditations
· Ensure preventative and corrective measures are in place and implemented where required.
· Managing the smooth transfer of goods and materials to and from our Central UK, Group warehousing operation in Shrewsbury
LOCATIONS: Based from our head office and distribution site in Walsall
Person Brief: Warehouse Operations Manager
We are interested in receiving applications from experienced Warehouse Managers / Operations Managers who meet any of the following criteria:
Have worked within a similar, sales led, organisation where products need to be embellished, customised and/or personalised to meet customers varying demands and to deliver OTIF
Worked within a manufacturing or distribution environment where delivery / work schedules need to be prioritised, and ATD and effective time management are mission critical to delivering what the customer have ordered. It would be advantageous if you are a sport fanatic yourself and can understand what it would be like if your sports team did not receive what they had ordered OTIF.
Either way, it is important you:
- Have strong leadership skills; able to motivate and inspire team members but also questioning the status quo and challenging others to improve processes and systems
- Have demonstrated ability of working with MRP systems. SAP would be advantageous
- Are prepared to role your sleeves up and work over and beyond the call of duty when the business and customer demands require this
As a point of reference, it is highly likely you will have held any one of the following job roles: Warehouse Manager / Operations Manager / Supply Chain Manager / Warehouse & Logistics Manager
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Warehouse Manager Operations Manager and reference JG15051 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683301 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.