You’re an Engineering / Mechanical Engineering graduate looking to kickstart your career and utilise the skills you’ve developed throughout your education. As our Applications Engineer you’ll have plenty of variety in the role, from offering tech and quotation support to clients, to installing and servicing equipment at their facilities. You’ll be based at our UK HQ in High Wycombe.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £35,000
· Annual bonus
· 24 days holiday + bank holiday
· Internal and external training
· Company Pension 5% / 3%
LOCATION: High Wycombe
Our office is in High Wycombe, so you could be based in Aylesbury, Oxford, Bicester, Hemel Hempstead, Watford, Slough, Marlow, Maidenhead, Reading, Beaconsfield, Uxbridge, Ealing, Buckingham, Brackley, Banbury
JOB DESCRIPTION: (Applications Engineer / Mechanical Engineer / Electrical Engineer / Multiskilled Engineer)
Why should I apply?
· You’ll be working closely with our highly experienced team to develop your skills
· You’re going to have a wide variety of exposure within the business to become a specialist in our sector
· We’re a part of a large international company and we’re projecting our UK business to grow substantially over the next few years
As our Applications Engineer you’ll get to learn about all areas of our business. We work closely as a team to ensure our operation runs smoothly as our focus is to deliver the best material handling and conveyor systems on the market. It’s essential that we work together as a team to achieve the high standards we set for ourselves and our clients expect.
Much of what we deliver is off the shelf, but we also design bespoke systems for our clients, so as our Applications Engineer you’ll:
· Provide pre and post sales technical support and advice
· Engage with prospective clients to understand their requirements and support them in their decisions
· Use CAD (Autodesk) to generate detailed 2D technical quotes
· Provide technical support, both over the phone and in person, to ensure the optimum service is delivered
· Support with any ongoing training on our equipment
You’ll also travel to customer sites to deliver any break/fix support required.
To join us as an Applications Engineer, you MUST be degree qualified in Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or similar. In addition, you will:
· Be able to use CAD at a 2D level to generate technical quotes
· Hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to stay away overnight on occasion
· Be comfortable speaking to all levels of client both face to face and over the phone
· Put the client at the heart of everything you do to ensure they receive the very best service possible
We’re a German based manufacturer providing material handling / conveying equipment to a huge range of industries including Food, Pharmaceutical and Chemical markets and we would welcome applications from candidates with any previous experience from within these sectors.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Applications Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Design Engineer, Electromechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Graduate Mechanical Engineer, Graduate Electrical Engineer, Graduate Multi-skilled Engineer, Graduate Design Engineer, Graduate Electromechanical Engineer, Graduate Process Engineer, Engineering Graduate, Material Handling, Conveying Equipment, Packaging Machinery, Process Machinery, Vacuum Machinery, Food Equipment, Pharmaceutical Equipment, Chemical Machinery, Dosing Systems
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JC17419 Wallace Hind Selection Ltd