We are nearly 100 years old and we are looking for a self-sufficient and personable electrically biased Engineer with mechanical skills and experience. Rapidly growing and based in Coventry, we design and manufacture a range of multi-spindle CNC and automatic lathes and distribute globally.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000 – £50,000 per annum
· Overtime (enhanced rate OTE £55,000 – £60,000)
· 24 days holiday + bank holidays
· Bonus scheme
· Life Insurance
· Cycle to work scheme
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Rugby, Leicester, Bedford
JOB SPECIFICATION: Electrical Engineer, Electronics Control Engineer, Control Systems Engineer – Lathes, Machinery, CNC
We are currently looking to add to our growing engineering team, and as an Electrical Engineer, you will join a small team who refurbish and/or build machines, based predominantly at our facility in Coventry. In addition, you will:
· Install and commission/decommission specific items of external equipment
· Load and set up PLC & CNC software, fault finding and CAD drawing modifications
· Travel to our customers worldwide for approximately 6-8 weeks per year
REQUIREMENTS: Electrical Engineer, Electronics Control Engineer, Control Systems Engineer – Lathes, Machinery, CNC
To be our successful Electrical Engineer, you will have some mechanical aptitude and a flexible attitude to work in general and will also ideally have:
· Demonstrable experience in an Engineering/manufacturing environment
· A solid understanding of building electrical panels from schematics
· Basic “Low Voltage” wiring and electrical qualifications
· Experience of mechanical fitting of sensors and other equipment
· The confidence to attend sites ensuring that customer relationships are maintained at the highest level
· Experience in managing your own workload
· The ability and willingness to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time sporadically throughout the year (typically 6-8 weeks total)
· The strength of character to be forthcoming in regular engineering meetings and table ideas and opinions for the betterment of the business
We are a global supplier and manufacturer of multi-spindle lathes, designed to produce medium and large volumes of extremely precise, high-quality components. Our services and sales network extend to all parts of the world. Aftercare and service are fundamental aspects of our approach, demonstrated through continually providing spares for machines we originally made decades ago.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Electrical Controls Engineer, Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Controls Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Process Engineer, Installation Engineer, Applications Engineer – engineering, lathes, CNC, PLC, multi-spindle
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client.
REF: LO17067, Wallace Hind Selection