We’re a leader in engineering research, development & innovation. To support our growth, we need a Financial Controller who has a balanced blend of both Financial Accounting skills coupled with passion for commercial management accounting and decision making. This role offers the opportunity to deliver company secretarial duties in an autonomous culture that will allow you to lead improvements of financial accounting practices as well as drive financial evaluation and follow-up of commercial projects.
We are consistently breaking boundaries at our research facilities and we are a driving force in world leading Automotive Engineering Research and Development projects. We are considered a world leader in our field.
We need a Financial Controller who can influence across a technical, commercial and a wider European team. You will be the financial figurehead of the UK business and considered the financial eyes and ears for the UK Vice President.
- Responsibility for Financial Reporting including Statutory, Tax and Pension Administration as well as other company secretarial duties.
- Produce Monthly Management Accounts to group accounting requirements (IFRS) with analysis and commentaries as required.
- Preparation of annual budget and rolling quarterly forecasts to the business and current live projects.
- Manage and develop a team of 3 consisting of 2 Part Qualified Accountants
- Project Appraisal and Investment for multi-million £ research and development projects.
- Financial Project Management of existing projects during their lifecycle.
We need a natural leader with the capability and sense of ownership and accountability who can present to board level, while communicating clearly with a technically minded business. A leader who can thrive in a varied dynamic environment.
We are open on your background, but you will be a fully qualified Accountant in any of the traditional qualifications such as CIMA, ACCA or ACA. This role could suit someone who has a number of years’ experience and looking for a new challenge or someone who is developing their career and wants to make a step up.
The most important skills we need are your interpersonal skills, the ability to take ownership, make decisions and your passion and drive for best practice. You must also have exceptional Excel skills.
We are a leading Global Automotive Manufacturer of systems and components and have recently invested in a brand-new state of the art fully equipped R&D facility in the UK As a global leader in our market, we design, develop and manufacture a range of systems and products which are supplied to major Automotive OEMs and Tier 1’s around the world.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.