In the midst of a global pandemic – we are growing. Join a great company as a Project Engineer / Design Manager. Get involved in New Product Development, taking full ownership of projects from cradle to grave.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £50,000
· Full access to company benefits scheme including private pension & good holiday allowance.
LOCATION: You will be predominantly based at our site in Corby, with a handful of site visits across the UK each year.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Corby, Kettering, Market Harborough, Northampton, Wellingborough, Stamford, Peterborough, Oakham, Thrapston, Oundle, Rockingham, Uppingham
JOB DESCRIPTION: Project Engineer
New Product Development (NPD) is important to us, which is why we need someone with a flair for design, and an inquisitive nature. Within your role, you will be working on 1-2 large New projects at any given time, alongside a number of smaller projects (usually bespoke for a customers’ requirements). Due to this, it’s important that we find a technically minded Project Engineer to join our business.
This is a senior role within our company reporting into the Directors; with responsibility for a team of 2 Design Engineers, and a dotted line to Sales and Production – you are the vital link between these internal departments, maintaining continuity across projects.
Managing the process from concept, design, prototyping, testing, through to production – all of which is done in-house. You will be creating project plans, managing all internal stakeholders and acting as a facilitator to keep projects moving.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Project Engineer
· Management of the Design Team (2 Engineers) with a dotted line to Production / Sales. It’s critical you have great stakeholder management.
· Bringing ideas to life – managing the whole project life cycle from Concept to Production.
· Creating Project Plans: Time Scales, Feasibility Studies, BOM and more, with a focus on Commercials (Budget / Margins)
· Design and pitch ideas to the Directors for NPD. You need to be creative and think outside the box. Anticipate what our customers need before they do.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Project Engineer
· Your experience will come from a Project Engineer / Project Manager / Design Manager background, working on industrial products
· Technical Mindset – You MUST have a strong understanding of 3D Design and an appreciation of the design process; including New Product Development (NPD)
· Demonstrable experience managing End to End Projects in an Industrial Setting
· Background working with Industrial / Manufacturing / Plant Machinery / Equipment
We are a family business of innovators. A profitable SME with huge growth plans – despite the global economy. Our products have seen us develop into numerous industries, such as Construction, Warehousing, Agriculture and more. We have grown over the last 5 years, going from strength to strength. We Design, Test and Manufacture all products in house; and have built a reputable brand Worldwide.
Are great within our company. We do not put ceilings on where you can go – this is a genuine opportunity to craft a long term career with a growing UK business.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Project Manager, Project Engineer, Technical Project Manager, Technical Project Engineer, Design Engineer, Design Manager, AutoCAD, 3D, 2D, Construction, Warehousing, Conveyors, Distributing, Agriculture, Farming, NPD, SolidWorks, Special Purpose Machinery, Materials Handling, PPMA.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: AD16090, Wallace Hind Selection