This is a newly created position for a professional Project Manager who loves to be in the thick of things and who wants to truly make their mark. This couldn’t be a better opportunity; managing all of our bespoke Projects and the Resource requirements needed, you’ll call on all your Project Management skills to manage everything, from concept to completion and to implement a culture of continuous improvement.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000 – £45,000
· 1pm finish on a Friday – 37 hour week – 8am-4.30pm – Monday to Thursday
· Hybrid working
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· 5% pension contribution
· Company profit related annual bonus scheme
· Life assurance (2 x basic annual salary)
· Every 3 years take a month off, using just 2 weeks of your annual leave
· Employee discount scheme
· Company sick pay scheme after 6 mths of service
· Social events
· Monthly lunches
LOCATION: Leamington Spa
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Banbury, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Bicester, Coventry, Redditch, Birmingham, Rugby, Leicester, Hinckley, Kettering, Daventry, Market Harborough, Corby, Nuneaton
· This is a brand new role, created specifically to take our business to the next stage in our evolution.
· It’s your chance to really make your mark and bring your Project Management experience to the fore.
· As we continue to expand, your role will grow too, so the potential for career development is certain.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Project Manager, Project Engineer – manufacturing, special purpose machinery, aerospace, automotive, robotics
This is an exciting, brand new role, created to meet the increasing demand for our bespoke, internally and externally mounted building solutions. You can expect to be an integral part of all on-going and up-coming Projects. This will include major projects, where you’ll be working with new customers from pre-contract sign-off right through to on-site co-ordination and completion. Your major projects will vary in budget from £100,000 to £multi-million and will see you delivering solutions to some of the worlds most prestigious buildings, both here in the UK as well abroad.
You’ll also work closely with our Production Engineer (also a newly created position) and be involved in the Project Management of a wide variety of in-house engineering projects, ranging from:
· New product development & launch,
· Design & build of new testing facilities
· Machine design & build
· Production line improvement projects
Because this is a new role, you’ll have the autonomy to establish and co-ordinate everything from the best internal communication processes, to ensure everyone knows what is required and when, through to the most efficient processes for the scheduling of internal resources to make certain that your projects and our wider business requirements are delivered on time and on budget.
To keep all these plates spinning, you’ll produce high quality project work plans that will be delivered internally, but also to your clients. You’ll liaise closely with construction contractors and sub-contractors, make sure that all project documents are up to date and where they should be and, ultimately, be responsible for all day-to day operational aspects of projects.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Project Manager, Project Engineer- manufacturing, special purpose machinery, aerospace, automotive, robotics
You’ll already be an experienced Project Manager, used to the complexities and challenges of taking over an existing team, creating and implementing new processes and managing multiple projects and various stages of completion.
In addition, you’ll:
· Have the customer facing skills necessary to liaise professionally at all levels.
· Have a proven track record of successfully delivering projects in engineering, manufacturing or possibly construction environments.
· Be able to demonstrate your ability to use project management tools (we currently use MS Project)
· Have a strong commercial capability, understanding the various issues around commercial, legal and financial contracts.
Ultimately, you’ll have the skills and ability to create the necessary processes, manage the relevant resources and create the ideal conditions to deliver multiple projects and help to drive our business forward into the future.
With over 40 years experience we have grown to become one of the worlds most recognised specialist manufacturing brands. We work with clients around the world, designing, building and installing bespoke architectural infrastructure systems that augment and improve people’s experience of the built environment.
The sky really is the limit and as we continue to build our client base, so the complexity and innovation of our products needs to be. This means we’re looking for future leaders and there will be every opportunity for you to develop your career in any number of ways with us.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Project Manager, Project Engineer, Production Engineer, Engineering Manager, Design Engineer, Automotive, Aerospace, Robotics, Specialist Machinery, Special Purpose Machinery, Electromechanical design,
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LH17169, Wallace Hind Selection