You’re an experienced Sales Engineer whose sold engineered products or systems into the construction industry. We want a home-based territory Sales Engineer for this newly created role covering the North of England & Scotland. Strong basic, uncapped commission & a defined career path to senior management.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £50,000 dependant on your experience
· Car / Car Allowance
· UNCAPPED Commission,
· Life Assurance
· 25 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays
LOCATION: Home based role covering Northern England
You might live in Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Stoke, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Chester, Warrington, Liverpool, Lincoln, Bradford, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hull.
Why you should apply:
· Brand new role created because of organic growth
· Manage a successful existing account base & development your own business in a highly profitable sector
· If you want it – you could be part of the senior management team within the medium term
· On top of a great basic salary – uncapped commission including existing accounts already spending
Job Description: Sales Engineer – Construction
We supply directly into the construction industry, sometimes though sub-contractors. Your leads will largely come through tenders, but some will come from your own business development activities & existing accounts. Your key decision makers in the business should be Acousticians, Quantity Surveyors, Site Managers, Project Managers, Architects or procurement departments, so you’ll need to be able to development strong, meaningful business relationships & networks.
Our average sales order value is £40,000 – £50,000 for each project with a simple off the shelf product ranging from £500 for an individual component right up to £300,000 for a full system in a new build commercial project.
Your Main Responsibilities: Sales Engineer – Construction
· In a home based/remote role covering Birmingham up to the North of England, you’ll continue to grow this successful patch
· This is a solutions-based sales role where individual component sales could be off the shelf, by a system would be bespoke to that customers’ needs
· Supported by the internal Sales team you’ll build accurate proposals & contracts – you’ll be supported by an experienced, credible & knowledgeable team
· You’ll develop your own sales strategy & forecasts – We’ll give you the freedom to be successful
· You’ll be expected to attend meetings at our South East manufacturing facility 1-2 a month to build a relationship with key stakeholders – although initially you’ll spend more time with us whilst training
Your Background: Sales Engineer – Construction
· You’ll be educated in an Engineering discipline – likely in Mechanical, Industrial, Building Services or another relevant Engineering discipline. You’ll likely hold an HNC/HND or above too.
· You’ll already be a proven Sales Engineer selling products / systems into the Construction industry, Sub Contractors or Building Services
· Existing Acoustics knowledge would be a bonus, but we’re open minded on the type of engineered products/systems you’ve sold into the Construction industry. E.G: noise & vibration systems, building acoustics, HVAC, Chillers, Fans, Pumps, architectural metalwork, mezzanine or related floorings etc
· You’ll be comfortable working remotely/from home & motivating yourself
We are an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) who produce mechanical based components & Acoustic systems that are supplied into a variety of industrial environments including: Marine, Defence, Construction, Industrial, Building Services & Power Generation in the UK, Europe & USA. We’re over 100 years old, very well established in our market and financially very secure as a business – owning our manufacturing facility & boasting excellent staff retention.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Engineer, Applications Engineer, Contracts Engineer, Proposals Engineer, noise & vibration systems, building acoustics, HVAC, Chillers, Fans, Pumps, architectural metalwork, mezzanine, related floorings
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JAC16005, Wallace Hind Selection