Are you feeling restricted where you are? Is your sales growth is stunted, and career development not supported? Do you want more freedom and flexibility to be a successful Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager? We’re an established manufacturer of electro-mechanical products that supply into a wide range of industrial industries – based out of Peterborough and we can fix those problems for you.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000-£50,000 dependant on your relevant experience and potential
· Uncapped commission – based on % of your GP – expected £5,000-£10,000 in your first year and £20,000+ second year
· Company Car or Car Allowance
· Company Pension
· 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
LOCATION: Peterborough office – with some remote working and customer site visits too
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Lincoln, Nottingham, Cambridge, Stamford, Bedford, Huntingdon, Boston, Northampton, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Luton, Stevenage, Kings Lynn
Why you should join us:
· Are you frustrated where you are?
· Are you capped on your earnings?
· Are your hands tied by Geography or markets that you can target?
· You will get a free reign with us to be do what you need to do to be successful
JOB DESCRIPTION: Sales Engineer, Business Development Manager – Industrial, B2B, systems
As our Sales Engineer, you will work very closely with marketing and internal sales, and report into the Sales Manager who is really hands on too – they’re managing our largest key accounts and developing new business as well.
We have several accounts for you to manage, develop and improve immediately. You’ll also cultivate, develop your own client base too. (80/20 in favour of new business).
Your leads will come from self-generation, maybe people you know, trade shows, digital marketing, referrals, our in-house lead tracking systems, direct enquiries, and SEO. You will cover all bases.
As our Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager, you will be canvassing key decision makers from areas such as: Technical, R&D, Design, Engineering, CAPEX, Maintenance, Procurement, and owner MDs in smaller businesses.
You’ll learn how to build bespoke tenders and proposals whilst maintaining a minimum target level of a 30% profit margin.
Projects vary and can be off the shelf components ranging from larger bespoke orders and systems.
You’ll learn to work with and manage distributors if you don’t already. Current CRM is largely Microsoft Excel based.
We hope that one day you’ll be ready to take the Sales Manager role and further grow our commercial team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Sales Engineer, Business Development Manager – Industrial, B2B, systems
· You will generate new business (80/20 split of new business and account management)
· You will up-sell and maximise some of our existing accounts
· Build your own tenders and proposals
· You’ll learn to work with and manage distributors if you don’t already
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Sales Engineer, Business Development Manager – Industrial, B2B, systems
· You will have proven B2B experience selling industrial components or systems into industrial sectors OEM’s and/or machine builders
· If you have specific experience of motion control, clutches, drives, brakes, callipers, that would be advantageous
· You’ll be hungry for growth and development and be happy to travel to customers
· Self-motivated with the ability to development your own business and up sell existing clients
· You will have a mechanical and/or electrical engineering background (ONC / HNC or equivalent)
We are a well-established manufacturer of electro-mechanical industrial systems. Our expertise covers motion control, clutches, drives, brakes and callipers into a variety of industrial sectors.
There is so much opportunity for you to grow with us. Your hands won’t be tied by geography, or industrial markets with us. You can target anyone you want to. We are open for you to grow a team below yourself and progress within our business on merit if that is also what you want. Come and discuss it with us.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Engineer, Business Development Manager, Territory Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Executive – industrial sales, component sales, automaton, systems, packaging machinery, lifts, winches, drives, transmission systems, marine, agriculture, general engineering, material handling.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JAC17163, Wallace Hind Selection