Rapidly growing and based in Northamptonshire, we install, repair and maintain industrial solutions across all areas of the fluid handling. We are looking for a self-sufficient and personable multi skilled, but electronically biased Controls Engineer. You will be working within multiple sectors such as local authorities, construction, food and drink, waster and stormwater.
BASIC SALARY: £45,000 – £55,000 per annum
· Overtime (Outside of 7am-4pm) and Bonus (OTE £55,000 – £65,000)
· Monthly bonus scheme
· 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
· Lunch Allowance
· Birthday Gift Card
· Free On-site parking
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Rugby, Peterborough, Coventry, Leicester, Bedford
JOB DESCRIPTION: Controls Engineer, Electrical Controls Engineer – Pumps, Engineering
We are currently looking to add to our growing engineering team, and as an Electrical Controls Engineer, your role revolves around pumps, inverters, control panels, PLC’s and wiring. Alongside this you will also be responsible for:
· Pump control system repairs – on site or in our workshop
· Building and PLC programming pump systems in our workshop
· Onsite fault finding to identify root cause of failures
· Inverter drive programming and installation
· Troubleshooting to avoid failed systems
· Pump System Commissioning
REQUIREMENTS: Controls Engineer, Electrical Controls Engineer, Pump Engineer, Multi skilled Engineer – Pumps, Engineering
To be our successful Electrical Controls Engineer, you will be confident in your ability to apply your expert knowledge of electrical and electronic controls across a multitude of industries. Alongside your electrical engineering skills, you will be required to deliver complete installations and commissioning pump systems on site with the engineering team.
You will also ideally have:
· Demonstrable experience of working on heating, chiller, booster, wastewater pumps and systems
· A solid understanding of pumps, pump systems and how they operate in various applications
· The ability to install and program inverters to existing systems
· The confidence to attend sites ensuring that customer relationships are maintained at the highest level
· Experience in managing your own workload
· The strength of character to be forthcoming in regular engineering meetings and table ideas and opinions for the betterment of the business
We are growing fast, with over 40 years’ experience and a skilled team of industry professionals. We have gone from strength to strength creating a company which has the engineering experience, expertise, and specialist knowledge to support a wide range of industries within the UK. Our ethical values are paramount, and we are proud of providing a trusted, friendly, and expert service across all aspects of what we do, whether it’s replacing a simple spare part, long term maintenance or installing a complete turnkey solution.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Electrical Controls Engineer, Pump Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Controls Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Wastewater Systems Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Process Engineer, Installation Engineer, Applications Engineer – engineering, wastewater, food and drink, construction, gas, pharmaceutical, petroleum, BPMA, liquid pumps, flow pumps, pump systems, industrial pumps, pressurisation sets, pump stations, pump repairs, supplies and equipment.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LO17051, Wallace Hind Selection