As our experienced Controls Engineer, you will be reporting into the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for developing the electrical design and controls service / support of new and existing equipment design integrations. This will also include production support activities into the manufacturing environment through its life cycle, from initial concept through to final product/process release, as well as supporting the improvement of existing product ranges offering improvements and cost down investigations and optimising lean manufacturing processes through design or process enhancements.
BASIC SALARY: £52,500 – £62,500 dependant on your experience
· 4% Employer Pension
· Life Assurance
· 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
LOCATION: Norwich – relocation available
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Manchester, Birmingham, Oxford, Northampton, Stoke, Leeds, Luton, Leicester, Cambridge
JOB DESCRIPTION: Controls Engineer – Packaging Automation
A more detailed brief will be made available to those candidates who are shortlisted for this Controls Engineer role, but as part of the Engineering team, you will:
· Lead electrical design details and software controls solutions, using software and partnerships to develop/improve tooling electrical software design whilst maintaining tooling design records and changes
· Support the management and develop of product legislation and product marking compliance
· Develop and document software programmes ensuring the company structure for programs is followed at all times.
· Produce and manage all HMI and operation manuals on time to update with changes during the test period
· Assisting in the testing of machines as required to ensure they meet the customer requirements and company standards.
· Produce and manage bills of materials for new projects ensuring these are within budget and meet the customer and company specifications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Controls Engineer – Packaging Automation
We are a Global manufacturing company who have moved into a new purpose built facility in the last couple of years. As our Controls Engineer, you’ll be office based but there will be some travel, both in the UK and some overseas. The role has been created due to a promotion of the current incumbent.
We will also consider sponsorship for suitable candidates.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Controls Engineer – Packaging Automation
· Excellent PLC experience across multiple platforms – preferably Allen Bradley, but we are happy to look at Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi etc
· Ideally, you will have experience of robotics and project management experience
· An understanding of the fundamentals of electro-mechanical design for manufacture and assembly using CAD systems
· Competent with Health & Safety machine directives
· Strong influencing and communication skills and an ability to convey the solution value proposition to stakeholders at all levels, from production through to CEO
· A real ‘can-do’ attitude
· Self-motivated, ambitious, and excellent team player skills.
· Ability to cope under pressure and ensure deadlines are met.
We are part of a Global business providing bespoke solutions to automated packaging systems. Supplying into a variety of manufacturers, warehouse, and factories within food, FMCG, distribution, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods.
The group has an active policy of promoting from within. The role has been created due to an internal relocation and promotion.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Controls Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, PPMA – process machinery, robotics, automation, material handling, corrugated, packaging, commissioning, PLC, programming, Siemens, Allen Bradley, Omron, Mitsubishi, HMI, MMI, Scada.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IP17548, Wallace Hind Selection