Successful and experienced German speaking Export, European or International Sales Manager/ Executive sought by a well-established and respected and leading player in their sector of the fastener and industrial components market.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000 – £50,000 with possible flexibility upwards
- OTE: £50,000 – £60,000 (Annual Bonus / Commission circa 10% of Basic Salary)
- Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Health for Self and Family
- Childcare Vouchers
- Full Out of Pocket Expenses, Company Credit Card
- 25 Days Holidays plus stats.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicestershire, Derbyshire, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, West Midlands, Lincolnshire.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Export Sales Manager / Executive / Engineer – Fasteners, Components to OEMs, Germany / German Speaking
- A mix of over £1m in existing business, and new business generation. This is mainly to automotive tier 1 & tier 2 suppliers, but also off road, agricultural and construction equipment OEMs, machine builders, furniture and kitchen, bedroom, bathroom manufacturers, domestic appliances, medical equipment, aviation, boat building, shop fitting, toys amongst many others
- My client’s focus is on long term business relationships with customers. Account sizes range up to £100k+ per annum, the average being circa £10k- £20k.
- You will be looking to be a technical solutions provider to customers, selling to design engineers (often being an extension of their in-house design function) and other technical personnel and purchasing.
- There will be a significant number of web, other marketing generated enquiries and recommendations to follow up to supplement your own market knowledge.
- There will be a lot of internal liaison especially with technical and engineering colleagues, so most times when you are not out in the field you will be in the office, certainly for an initial period.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Export Sales Manager / Executive / Engineer – Fasteners, Components to OEMs, Germany / German Speaking
- To be considered for the role you will need a proven track record of success in an export/ international or European sales role with fluent German and experience in selling to the German market and a good knowledge and understanding of the German industrial landscape.
- Preferably this will be in component sales but could be a consumable or capital equipment or some other engineered solution to the industrial or OEM markets.
- You must be prepared to do a considerable amount of overseas travel i.e. 50% – a couple of trips a month to Germany
Established for over 40 years my client is a privately- owned company based from a purpose-built distribution headquarters in west central Nottinghamshire with over 50 staff and a stable, but growing sales and customer service teams. There is a supportive, teamwork orientated, and family feel to the company
With an excellent name in their market they pride themselves on their in-house technical expertise and experience and building long term business relationships with customers.
They supply a very wide range of industrial fasteners and other components, standard and bespoke, to a broad spectrum of industrial/ engineering OEMs including automotive and tiered suppliers, but also off road, agricultural and construction equipment, machine builders, furniture and kitchen, bedroom, bathroom manufacturers, domestic appliances, medical equipment, aviation, boat building, shop fitting, toys amongst many others.
Excellent, to grow the German market and potentially to recruit.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Export Sales Executive – Fasteners, Components to OEMs, Germany, International Sales Manager – Fasteners, Components to OEM, European Sales Manager – Fasteners, Components to OEMs, Export Sales Engineer – Fasteners, Components to tier 1 and tier 2 , Germany / German Speaking
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: RP15856, Wallace Hind Selection