£multi-million packaging business seeks a ‘hands on’ General Manager to continually grow one of their sites.
BASIC SALARY: Competitive Basic Salary commensurate with the senior level role
· Car Allowance
· 25 Days Holiday & statutory holiday
· Pension (increasing with service)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Manchester, Liverpool, Blackburn, Morecambe, Warrington, Bolton,
JOB DESCRIPTION: General Manager, Operations Manager, Production Manager, Plant Manager – Corrugated Packaging, Packaging Solutions, Flexible Packaging
This General Manager role will include overseeing the day-to-day operations of the plant with a turnover in excess of £100million and work force of 140, ensuring housekeeping, efficiencies, and processes standards are maintained, and implementing suitable continuous improvement initiatives.
If you have a proven track record of General Management within the packaging Industry, particularly corrugated packaging and are looking to combine all your knowledge and skills into a challenging environment with the support of a £multimillion parent company; this may be the next venture for you.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: General Manager, Operations Manager, Production Manager, Plant Manager – Corrugated Packaging, Packaging Solutions, Flexible Packaging
Ultimately, as our General Manager you will be a proven man manager with a background in packaging solutions, preferably corrugated, although we will also consider other packaging sectors:
· Ensure a safe and secure environment for all employee’s, and visitors
· Exceed the operating sites budget EBITDA to fulfil management incentive targets
· Provide data and reports to Group MD/SMT
· Lead the team, oversee and develop business operations and objectives to exceed budgetary expectations
– Establish and assign performance goals and assuring their completion. To gain improvements in key areas
– L&D and succession planning for direct reports
– Ensure effective performance management is conducted by managers and supervisors of their staff members
· Build a team of lean manufacturing and high performing practitioners, across management and team leaders to achieve collective World Class Manufacturing and Operational Excellence
· Reduce staff turnover through development and motivation
· Measure and increase (non-H&S) training time to align skill base with company goals
· Business Continuity Plan – ensure the site plan is up to date and valid
· Work together with Senior Management Team in all non-site-specific reporting areas i.e., Marketing, Sales, Commercial, Finance, HR, L&D, Purchasing
PERSON SPECIFICATION: General Manager, Operations Manager, Production Manager, Plant Manager – Corrugated Packaging, Packaging Solutions, Flexible Packaging
· Knowledge of packaging market with a proven track record of Site Management
· Preferably a background in corrugated, but other packaging sectors will be considered
· Experience of helping to deliver operational excellence
· You will be a visionary with a great work ethic and looking for a challenging and demanding role.
· Have shown that you can think on your feet and adjust to a rapidly changing business needs and situations.
Operating across three locations in the UK, we have been manufacturing corrugated sheet board for over 30 years. We have partnered with the first-choice supplier of volume glued cases to the trade, we pride ourselves producing high quality products and delivering a flexible and efficient service.
Our corrugated board is 100% recyclable, 100% biodegradable and made from 90% recycled or recovered paper ensuring our products are recyclable and sustainable.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles, Operations Director, Operations Manager, Plant Manager, General Manager, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Commercial Manager, Site Director, Site Manager, Business Unit Manager – Corrugated Packaging, Packaging Solutions, Flexible Packaging
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IP16942, Wallace Hind Selection