As a leader first, your approach as Manufacturing Manager, to overcoming challenges is based on having the right people in the right place, with the right skills, and above all the right culture. You pride yourself on getting your teams to ‘buy-in’ to the big picture. With a manufacturing/production background, you seamlessly bridge the gap between the shop floor and senior leadership team.
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000
· Bonus c£5,000-£6,000,
· £7,200 Car Allowance,
· 7% matched Pension,
· Private Healthcare,
· 25 Days Holiday & Stats
Commutable locations: Liverpool, Leeds, Blackburn, Bolton, Chester
Overview: Manufacturing Manager – industrial consumable manufactured products
Reporting to the Site Lead, your key tasks as Manufacturing Manager are to motivate, lead, and engage a team of c40 in a 24/4 (12 on 12 off shift) manufacturing operation. We have a strong people agenda and need an individual who not only sees the value in an empowered team, but who can bring their experience of creating people-first cultures.
This pivotal role is a part of the senior leadership team that will oversee all aspects of our production processes, ensuring efficiency, safety, and product quality while promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
Key Responsibilities: Manufacturing Manager – industrial consumable manufactured products
· Lead, coach, and mentor a team of 40 manufacturing staff, fostering a culture of teamwork and excellence.
· Develop and implement strategies to optimise manufacturing processes, improve efficiency, and reduce costs.
· Manage the budget for the manufacturing department and identify cost-saving opportunities.
· Work closely with H&S, Quality, Engineering, R&D, Procurement, and HR to identify and implement best practices, technology upgrades, and process improvements.
· Develop and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure departmental and individual performance.
· Prepare and present regular reports to senior management on manufacturing performance and improvement initiatives.
Person Requirements: Manufacturing Manager – industrial consumable manufactured products
To be successful as our Manufacturing Manager you’ll bring a solid proven track record from a world-class manufacturing environment, where continuous improvement, quality, and leadership are foundations of your success. You will have ideally invested in your personal growth or be aware of Six Sigma, lean and/or similar methodologies.
You will also have:
· Led a team of 25+ with experience in multi-shifts and unionised environments.
· A strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, any experience of a chemical or related environment would be ideal as would labels, print, textiles or packaging.
· A proven track record in developing a people-first culture; we have the equipment, the processes, and the people. It ‘just’ needs to be brought together.
· Ideally operated in a matrix environment understanding the complexities of a multi-site, cross-functional global business.
As part of a Global billion-dollar business, our reach spans 5 continents. We are a leading player in industrial consumable manufacturing. This site manufactures/converts a number of adhesive products for use across all industries, with £40m turnover and 100 employees, we take pride in producing high-quality products and are committed to excellence, sustainability, and the well-being of our employees.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LH17490, Wallace Hind Selection