Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer and an experienced user of AutoCAD / Inventor? Are you a problem solver who can come up with bespoke designs for the diverse range of projects? Then this Mechanical Design Engineer / Structural Engineer role, based at our site in Northampton, could be the next step in your engineering career.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £40,000
· Good holiday allowance
· Access to company pension scheme
· Mobile / Laptop as required.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leamington Spa, Wellingborough, Kettering, Daventry, Market Harborough, Rugby, Lutterworth, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Banbury, Bicester, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
· With us, you’ll earn good money working on high profile design projects across the globe
· You’ve got excellent Mechanical Design Engineer skills and want to work for an interesting business. This is far from a boring, old, industrial design job. We work with high profile clients from across the world in markets such as Entertainment, Exhibitions and Corporate Events. We add value wherever we can solve the challenges of suspending, elevating and moving equipment or people.
· We’re a well-established and respected company – market leading in our sector – and going through expansion. We’re bouncing back after the pandemic! This is a great time to join us.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Structural Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer : AutoCAD / Inventor
Office based with occasional site visits across the UK – you will take on each project at an early stage and provide Mechanical Design / Structural Engineering Design support across that project from cradle to grave.
Working from the Northampton based office, you will be utilising AutoCAD and Inventor (as a Mechanical Design / Structural Design Engineer) to design and dimension fabrication drawings on projects based on a client’s specifications. You will also, on occasion, be visiting customer sites across the UK.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Structural Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer : AutoCAD / Inventor
The successful applicant should have:
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and Inventor
· A practical awareness of fabrication / site constraints, a keen eye for detail and a broad ability to comprehend the wider issues that may influence the work in hand
· Good motivation and the discipline to work unsupervised are key requirements, along side excellent communication and organisational skills
· An understanding of structural design
This demanding role offers an opportunity to apply and further develop a wide range of technical and personal skills in a diverse and professional environment
Established almost 40 years ago, we are a specialist manufacturer of technical solutions to move things and people. If you’ve ever seen a West End theatre show, watched the Olympics or Wimbledon,
visited Wembley Stadium or enjoyed a trip to one of London’s many museums, you’ll have seen our work. We are globally recognised experts in the suppl of rigging and technical solutions to the entertainment, exhibition, architectural and event industries.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Structural Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Structural Consultant : AutoCAD, Inventor, Rigging, Mechanical Solutions
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: 17084 Wallace Hind Selection