You’re an extremely organised administrator who can keep several plates spinning at the same time. Are you bored of monotonous tasks? Taken for granted, perhaps? Come and be a vital part of our team as a conduit between internal and external customers in the service department at our Watford offices. As long as you don’t mind getting your hands dirty sometimes – this may be for you.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £35,000
- Good holiday package rising with service
- Access to company benefits scheme including pension and ‘perks’
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Hemel Hempstead, St. Albans, Hatfield, Cheshunt, Harrow, Wembley, Hayes, High Wycombe, Amersham, Chesham, Berkhamsted, Tring, Luton, Dunstable, Hatfield, Welling Garden City, Stevenage, Slough, Maidenhead, London, Milton Keynes, Hitchin, Bletchley,
JOB DESCRIPTION: Service Administrator / Planner: Workshop / Logistics
Take ownership of the Service and Hire Administration. Acting as a conduit between internal and external departments, you will maintain control and information as to the status of ongoing jobs, report back as appropriate and keep the clients up to date.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Service Administrator / Planner: Workshop / Logistics
- Managing, processing and administering circa 30 jobs per day coming into the Service department
- Acting as a conduit between customer, suppliers (including sub-contracted engineering) and internal teams, you will administer and report on calibration / repair / service work as required
- As the role evolves, you may become more responsible for quoting for jobs and allocating work to internal departments / subcontractors as appropriate
- Administering the equipment hire function – responding to customer requests and orders – as well as booking out and returning hire units
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Service Administrator / Planner / Workshop / Logistics
- You must be extremely organised and able to deal with the pressure of managing multiple jobs, from multiple customers at the same time
- You will have good communication skills – able to influence and indirectly manage both internal and external departments
- You will ideally have experience of working in a service / spares / workshop / engineering environment, though this experience could also come from a logistics planning background
- Sales administration would also be an appropriate skill set – but you must be prepared to get your hands dirty
Approaching 100 years in business, we are a well-respected manufacturer and brand of electronic instrumentation. With a heavy focus and investment on R&D and New Product Development, we are leading our niche industry in innovation.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Service Administration / Workshop Administration / Maintenance Manager / Service Planner / Logistics Planner / Sales Order Manager / Electronic Engineer / Electronic Design / Electronic Test and Measurement / Electronic Instrumentation / Electronic Equipment /
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: SP15846, Wallace Hind Selection