Service Engineer

Are you a Maintenance Engineer, desperate to get out into the field? Bored of looking at the same 4 walls each day? Enjoy getting out and about? Kick start your career as a compressor Service Engineer covering the Home Counties, growing your skills whilst working on best in class equipment.
 
BASIC SALARY: Up to £30,000
 
BENEFITS:
· 20 Days Holiday plus stats (rising to 25 days + stats with service)
· Quarterly Performance Bonus
· Incentive Scheme on Upselling Equipment / Sharing Leads with the Sales team  
· Company Van + Mobile Phone
· Overtime and Call Out Premium
 
LOCATION: Servicing a 60 mile radius of our offices in High Wycombe.
 
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: High Wycombe, Reading, Aylesbury, Maidenhead, Slough, Amersham, Chesham
 
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
· Good hours . . home in time for dinner
· Progress into a field role
· On going training and development
 
JOB DESCRIPTION: Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer : Compressor
 
What you will be doing:
 
Spending 70% of your time visiting customers, undertaking scheduled and reactionary maintenance on various compressors. Most jobs are completed in a single day, meaning you will normally be home in time for tea. The other 30% of your time will be spent at our workshop, putting together specialist systems and reconditioning equipment.
 
You will also be on a ‘call out’ rota, being the main Engineer 1 week in every 4. We usually receive 0-2 call outs per week (outside of the normal Monday – Friday hours) which you will need to attend. There will be a flat rate whilst you’re on call, plus premiums for additional call out work.
 
As you are the face of our business, usually having the most interaction with our customers; we’ll also reward you for any up selling of parts / compressors / maintenance plans
 
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer : Compressor
 
What we need from you:
 
You MUST be a Multi- Skilled Engineer with a mechanical bias. This could come from being a Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Workshop Engineer. We will consider anyone who can demonstrate experience in a service / maintenance capacity from any of the following sectors: compressed air, motor trade / automotive or any industrial background.
 
THE COMPANY:
 
Based in High Wycombe with over 50 years’ experience, we are a leading business supplying air compressors, power tools and associated equipment to companies across the UK. We supply numerous industries across Automotive, Industrial, Manufacturing, Food/Beverage, Utilities, Nuclear, Power, Public Services and more.
 
We offer best in class equipment, driving energy efficiencies and offering a 2-3 year payback.
 
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Air Compressors, Power Tools, Compressed Air, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Capital Equipment, Industrial, Component, Gardner Denver, Hydrovane, HPC, CompAir, ParkerAir, Atlas Copco, Service Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Workshop Engineer, Technician, Labourer, Fitter, Multi Skilled Engineer, Garage, Automotive, Car, Tyres, Spray, Workshop
 
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
 
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
 
REF: AD16019, Wallace Hind Selection

Type: Permanent

Apply

Menu