Are you a Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer or Field Service Engineer with experience of heavy plant machinery or equipment? Fed up of constantly being on the road and staying away, but still want the opportunity to earn well? If you can handle different maintenance challenges and understand all aspects of the machinery. We want to speak with you about joining our growing maintenance team in Northampton.
BASIC SALARY: £43,000
· Earn up to £20k additional with realistic overtime.
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
· Company van with fuel card and personal use.
· Phone paid for.
· 4x death in service.
· 5% pension contribution.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Daventry, Wellingborough, Kettering, Rushden, Corby, Rugby, Milton Keynes Towcester, Market Harborough
Why should you apply? :
· We pay door to door when traveling to client sites or remote locations!
· Start with a great basic rate and significant overtime potential!
· Maybe you’re fed with of doing the same thing over and over. Enjoy a great variety of tasks and challenges with lots of development opportunity.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Service Technician – Plant Machinery and Equipment
Reporting to the Service Manager, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and keeping our hire fleet of pilling and drilling rigs fully operational. Covering all aspects of the machinery and equipment including engine, hydraulic systems and electrical systems. 80% of your work will be in the workshop but travel to client sites will be required, with occasional overnight stays.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Service Technician – Plant Machinery and Equipment
· Carry out preventative maintenance, scheduled maintenance and servicing on our machinery and equipment.
· Attend reactive/breakdown maintenance and complete repairs to our machinery and equipment.
· Assist in delivery/commissioning of machinery and equipment to site when on hire.
· Loading / unloading of plant and equipment at yard and on site.
· Scheduled call out cover.
· Control of parts and spares on van.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Service Technician – Plant Machinery and Equipment
You may have an engineering qualification or have served an apprenticeship, you will be multi skilled electrically and mechanically and must have experience and exposure to;
· Electrical systems and controls
· Diesel engines
· Hydraulic systems
· Electro-hydraulic systems
· Fabrication / repair
Based in Northampton, we specialise in piling and drilling equipment. We have a substantial fleet of Piling rigs and attachments, Drilling Rigs and Hammers as well as associated plant and equipment. The company continues to grow and we put this down to the level of support and expertise offered by the company combined with ongoing investment in its employees and the latest equipment.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and / or markets, and worked with the following products and / or services: Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Service Technician, Field Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Plant Mechanic, Plant Fitter, Piling Equipment, Drilling Equipment, Heavy Plant, HGV, Agricultural Fitter, Electro-Mechanical, Agricultural Machinery Engineer, Plant Equipment, Forklifts, Recycling equipment, Royal Air Force, Military, Ground Support Equipment.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JN17300, Wallace Hind Selection